The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA VS South Sudan at 3 ET on Fox

Trueeeeee

DE434C1C-00E8-4F6D-A646-2611AFE23756.jpeg
4BC27E48-594F-4048-BC82-4A65F6CE254D.png
Why pivot the conversation…

I don’t care about MJ/Bron debates but MJ also was older in his 15 year than Lebron.m due to retirement and college years.

I’m fine putting SGA next to Luka, he’s clearly going in the same tier to me. Also fine comparing Luka & Harden, but big difference is Luka has been very good in the playoffs while Harden historically hasn’t.

Why pivot the conversation…

I don’t care about MJ/Bron debates but MJ also was older in his 15 year than Lebron.m due to retirement and college years.

I’m fine putting SGA next to Luka, he’s clearly going in the same tier to me. Also fine comparing Luka & Harden, but big difference is Luka has been very good in the playoffs while Harden historically hasn’t.

You mentioned FG% EYE did not.

Saying Luka has been very good in the playoffs is a bit of a reach to say the least. He's been ok. Has accomplished the same as Trae Young.

Luka 12-16 in the playoffs for his career.

Trae 12-15

SGA might be in that luka harden dame category as well but im not gonna pretend i watched many okc games last year so ill give him benefit of doubt for now.

SGA might be in that luka harden dame category as well but im not gonna pretend i watched many okc games last year so ill give him benefit of doubt for now.
I got him a couple ticks below those guys.

Doesn't have the passing ability.
That's what really made those dudes unstoppable in their primes.

EDIT:

didn't notice Dame, Dame level I think he can get to.

So your assessment is based off big moments (conference finals/nba finals) that Ingram hasn’t even come close to sniffing?

Makes perfect sense.

BI hasn't made it, he also don't have Jayson Tatum.

Jaylen has made it and done nothing in those moments.

I got him a couple ticks below those guys.

Doesn't have the passing ability.
That's what really made those dudes unstoppable in their primes.

EDIT:

didn't notice Dame, Dame level I think he can get to.
Yea i didnt mean it as a compliment. The opposite really if anything. All those guys have to hijack their teams offense to get their stats which in turn makes no one around them better and puts a ceiling on their teams success. Harden not so much anymore he was more a traditional pg this past season.

Again i havent watched many okc games but less than 6 assists and u have the ball all game? The numbers and basic eye test suggest hes a 2 who can play the 1 at times similar to Kyrie. But again I didnt watch okc last year.

You mentioned FG% EYE did not.

Saying Luka has been very good in the playoffs is a bit of a reach to say the least. He's been ok. Has accomplished the same as Trae Young.

Luka 12-16 in the playoffs for his career.

Trae 12-15
Basketball is a team sport and your just posting team numbers. Going to the WCF is not the same as going to the ECF. The conferences have a big talent gap for the past 25 years.

Luka’s playoff avg: 32, 10, 6 on 47/36 shooting splits.

Trae’s playoff avg: 26, 3 & 9 on 40/29 shooting splits.

If you think that’s the same, bless your heart.

Basketball is a team sport and your just posting team numbers. Going to the WCF is not the same as going to the ECF. The conferences have a big talent gap for the past 25 years.

The past 25 years is a moot point because neither have been in the league for the last 25 years.

They just completed their 5th season in the league and in those last 5 years the Western Conference has won 1 more championship thanks to this past season so it's 3-2. Also we can throw this past season out for Luka when it comes to playoff competition strength because HE DIDN'T EVEN MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. So as far as conference strength that's a non factor.

How come you do not mention the fact that Luka has had better talent around him in Dallas than Trae Young has had in Atlanta? Why can't he win?

Y'all just say "those are bad takes" when it doesn't fit the players that the status quo of the NT NBA thread supports. The validity of the statement doesn't matter.

For example how can one say BI and Jaylen Brown are the same (or argue BI is better) but in the same breath act like Trae Young and Luka don't have basically identically career arcs to this point?

The thread just likes Luka more so they act like it's not true. Both are ball dominant high usage guards, both aren't good defenders, both are coach killers, neither have won anything significant.

But because the thread "likes" Luka more it's seen as a "bad take". And don't even get me started on the Steph discourse on here.

What World B is noting is spot on but WASHED KING WASHED KING is really just using semantics to make his case and chop down Luka while propping up Trae.

Yes - it is an undeniable fact that Luka and Trae have led their teams tot he same exact height in the playoffs (conference finals).

However, to say that makes them the same player is a flat out lie that is a disingenuous troll job at best. It’s a really remedial argument tbh. If you don’t like Luka there are more sound arguments that might have some statistics to make your case but comparing him to Trae Young because they both made the conference finals isn’t one of them :lol:

BI hasn't made it, he also don't have Jayson Tatum.

Jaylen has made it and done nothing in those moments.
In the last 3 seasons, JB has played in 61 playoff games (toughest level of basketball) and is 23/7/3 on 48% from the field. That’s every season with games going into the conference finals or finals.

“Nothing”

At this rate, Ingram might not play that many high leverage, important games in his entire career, let alone a 3 year sample.

If JB has done “nothing” what are we calling what Ingram has done? Certainly not like he hasn’t had good teammates.

In the last 3 seasons, JB has played in 61 playoff games (toughest level of basketball) and is 23/7/3 on 48% from the field. That’s every season with games going into the conference finals or finals.

“Nothing”

At this rate, Ingram might not play that many high leverage, important games in his entire career, let alone a 3 year sample.

If JB has done “nothing” what are we calling what Ingram has done? Certainly not like he hasn’t had good teammates.

Jaylen just shot 16% from 3 with 25 turnovers in the ECF. Bruh had a 46% TS for my analytics people. :lol:

After having 20 turnovers in the finals the year before. This is nothing to flex about.

Back
Top Bottom