The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

I cannot think of Mo Williams without thinking about this:

"Bron had me blinded man. He wins you over completely. He makes you feel like you're his best friend. He'll party with you, train with you, dance on the sideline with you… Look, growing up I was obsessed with the Thundercats. Bron found out and he had this artist make me a painting where it was me playing basketball, but I looked like Panthro. He would call me Panthro all the time, and I called him Lion-O. We used to joke about how Dwight (Howard, then their nemesis with the Orlando Magic) was Mumm-Ra." I ask Williams where that painting is now, and he crumbles his napkin and tosses it over his shoulder, then shrugs. "I couldn't get Bron to pick up my calls for a week after 'The Decision,' so finally I just sent him a text, I just said, Lion-O would never leave Panthro out in the cold. Two days later I get a text back that says I'm a basketball player and a businessman, not a Thundercat. But that's how he is… That's who he is. He makes you feel like a million bucks and then steps over you like a bad penny on his way out the door."

Get me every time :rofl: :rofl:
:rofl:Bron a whole sociopath. I read that like a movie but instead of MIA "The Decision" was to off Mo or not.
"It's me bro, Panthro"
"... I'm not a thundercat, i'm a businessman"
Power-Roll-a-s-death-was-a-mistake-by-Ghost-says-showrunner-1281321.webp

*135 with the bar 💪
Why in just a towel tho, how much longer would it take to put some shorts on? That towel gives way my first instinct would be to save it and keep my business from falling out then you drop 135lbs on your neck and die and **** still out while a bunch of grown *** men sweating and singing Drake. #couldntbeme

Really thought that fans and everything were simply a part of that suns bit where they clown them for working out after wins but I see that people really don't realize that almost every team does that now for maintenance and injury prevention
I wonder what the science says there. I’d imagine that’d be useful for guys who barely get any run, but for guys playing starters minutes or the 1st, 2nd, 3rd guy off the bench it seems counterintuitive.

From a conditioning perspective there’s a point of diminishing returns when you throw a whole bunch of activity into a single day. Seems like you’d have a difficult time recovering from all that and would be risking injury.

But then again we’re talking about the 1% of the 1% here :lol:

Really thought that fans and everything were simply a part of that suns bit where they clown them for working out after wins but I see that people really don't realize that almost every team does that now for maintenance and injury prevention

I never clowned them for it nor did I know it was commonplace, thanks for sharing. Is there also truth to the shower at halftime (or maybe it was change into new, non-sweaty jerseys/uniforms) thing Patrick Beverley mentioned during the pod interview a few weeks back? I am a sweaty mf’er but I was not aware of that either

I never clowned them for it nor did I know it was commonplace, thanks for sharing. Is there also truth to the shower at halftime (or maybe it was change into new, non-sweaty jerseys/uniforms) thing Patrick Beverley mentioned during the pod interview a few weeks back? I am a sweaty mf’er but I was not aware of that either

Wait what Pat Bev said what :lol: :wow:

But players do a lot at the half though so that's not surprising. Changing shoes, jerseys, checking their phones, lining up who they're going out with after the game, so that makes sense I guess lol

But I wasn't saying you clowned them. It's just in general, it's been a thing online since last season when the Suns tweeted that video of them out :lol: it's funny as **** but now it's like...y'all do know everyone does this right lol

Clips same thing

James Wiseman has a plus minus of -35 in five games in the G-league. He has yet to have a game with a positive plus minus.​

This could just mean the team is horrible though right? Or the lineups he’s with are horrible? Not defending Wiseman but +/- gets misused badly

Wait what Pat Bev said what :lol: :wow:

But players do a lot at the half though so that's not surprising. Changing shoes, jerseys, checking their phones, lining up who they're going out with after the game, so that makes sense I guess lol

But I wasn't saying you clowned them. It's just in general, it's been a thing online since last season when the Suns tweeted that video of them out :lol: it's funny as **** but now it's like...y'all do know everyone does this right lol

Clips same thing

Oh - I wasn’t trying to say that you were calling me out specifically, just that I literally had no idea that was a thing in the NBA :lol: I also didn’t know dudes were getting into all that non-game related, extracurricular stuff during halftime either. They are humans at work too though so I guess it’s like our lunch break :lol:

Below is the Beverley story to verify that I am not talking out of my ***:

Back
Top Bottom