The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Ima check that Em album out. My inner child wants it to be good, but its probably ehh. But I still love lyricism so ima check it out for the content.
Eminem still has some good tracks here and there, I dig the new Tobey song with him and Big Sean. However for every solid song it seems he has like 5 bad/cringe ones where he will have a few clever lines but tone of the song is just boring and his flow can get very monotone and uninspiring. I'll check the album but Guilty Conscience 2 was a disappointment and nothing like the first. He should have left that one alone.

Bron can obviously score with the best of them.

Magic in his prime could’ve averaged 25-28ppg if he wanted to

But the difference between Bron/Magic and Kobe/Jordan is that Bron and Magic were point guards/point forwards who was the main ball handler and ball distributor for their respective ball clubs whereas MJ and Kobe are pure shooting guards and pure scorers.

But MJ showed in the 1991 Finals that if he really wanted to, he could be a point guard as well. MJ averaged double digit assists in the series against the Lakers and he even averaged more assists than the Magic Man himself to prove to the world he was just as multifaceted as Magic and Bird were.

What makes Bron, Magic, Kobe leagues above everyone else is that they could play any style of play and adapt to any game situation because of their versatility

Grimy laker fans :ohwell: this upcoming season gonna be a heartbreaker lol .
Conor McGregor : Who Da FOOK is That Guy? to Jeremy Stephens on Make a GIF

That's crazy Brandon Jennings and Gilbert don't know what a rim protector is. Brandon said he views Lebron as a rim protector cuz he gets chase downs.

Hakeem
Duncan
AD
Wemby

Those are rim protectors. Lebron, KD they can block a shot but you can't ask them to be your last line of defense 48 mins/82 games.

Just finished watching the clip.

Kenyon Martin was visibly frustrated there. I felt for him because it seemed like Gil didn't understand what was being said.

Jennings⁩ didn't offer much of anything.

Magic is my man but I don't know if he could have pulled this off. That would have put him at the Top of the League Leaders in scoring during those times.

Can't see Magic being there.
His first MVP year he was at 24 and 12. So pretty close to the bottom of the range.

Probably could’ve attempted a couple more shots and sacrificed an assist or two.

Averaging 28 would’ve been tough though. That was a lot.

His first MVP year he was at 24 and 12. So pretty close to the bottom of the range.

Probably could’ve attempted a couple more shots and sacrificed an assist or two.

Averaging 28 would’ve been tough though. That was a lot.
Yea but he never did it though and we are saying 25-28? Nah. I just never saw that from him.

Yea but he never did it though and we are saying 25-28? Nah. I just never saw that from him.
Yeah I’m not really saying 28.

But he did have a really strong FT rate. So if he had redistributed things slightly I think he could’ve been around 25 for a few years. He only took 15 or more shots twice in his career.

Magic is my man but I don't know if he could have pulled this off. That would have put him at the Top of the League Leaders in scoring during those times.

Can't see Magic being there.
28 ppg may be a stretch but I think he averages 25 ppg if he wanted to. But I don’t think he pulls it off with the exact same Lakers teams he had because he had numerous scorers around him (Kareem, Wilkes, McAdoo, Worthy, Scott)

His 1987 MVP season he did average 24 ppg with prime Worthy and prime Scott but again, score-first wasn’t Magic’s game.

But…..

If the Lakers needed Magic to take over a game with his scoring, he could do it and did it for many years.

If prime Magic never had Kareem in the early to mid 80’s or prime Worthy from ‘85 to ‘90, then my money says Magic would’ve been averaging at least 25 ppg with his assists probably decreasing to about 8-10 apg instead of the 11-12 assists he was averaging his entire career

IMG_8211.jpeg

Magic was a 85% FT shooter and in his only two seasons where he shot volume 3s, he shot it at 35%. He easily could’ve scored more, if he wanted to be aggressive.

Magic always was a good shooter.

You aren't going to sit here and say someone could have easily done something that they never did.

(Volume 3s) He had one fluke year he shot 38% from three. The previous year he shot 31%.

Magic also wasn't known as a good shooter. He was money from the FT line but as a SHOOTER, Being a good one wasn't something that was attached to his name.

Nah.

You aren't going to sit here and say someone could have easily done something that they never did.

(Volume 3s) He had one fluke year he shot 38% from three. The previous year he shot 31%.

Magic also wasn't known as a good shooter. He was money from the FT line but as a SHOOTER, Being a good one wasn't something that was attached to his name.

Nah.

From 89-91 he shot 35% with 230+ attempts per year. Before 91, the most he ever attempted was 56.

“Nah?” :lol:

Magic definitely was a good shooter. Especially compared to someone like LeBron, who’s averaged 27 ppg for his career.

Magic’s offensive game wasn’t outside shooting but he could make threes and 20-footers with regularity if needed.

Magic was all about post up offense, sky hooks, and taking the ball to the rack relentlessly

He had the offense and scoring abilities, and as he has mentioned before he never needed to average all those points but could if he wanted to score a lot of points

From 89-91 he shot 35% with 230+ attempts per year. Before 91, the most he ever attempted was 56.

“Nah?” :lol:

Magic definitely was a good shooter. Especially compared to someone like LeBron, who’s averaged 27 ppg for his career.

Again, nobody that has EVER wrote a scouting report on Magic Johnson said he was a GOOD shooter. That never showed up when describing him.

So yea, I am going to continue saying NAH to that point.

Again, nobody that has EVER wrote a scouting report on Magic Johnson said he was a GOOD shooter. That never showed up when describing him.

So yea, I am going to continue saying NAH to that point.

Again, neither was that done for Bron and he still averaged 27 for his career. And compared to Bron, Magic was a better shooter. It’s safe to say Magic could’ve averaged 26+ if he chose to assert himself more. I’m just saying, it’s not far fetched that Magic could’ve averaged points in that range if he chose to facilitate less

Back
Top Bottom