The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

People always bring up how many guys from the past could play in today’s game but….If Jokic played in the 90s against guys like Hakeem and Dave Robinson, Shaq? Opinions? Ehhh

Single game plus minus I know, but Tre Mann was a -22 in a 20 point end to end shellacking where the Thunder had 40 assists on 47 fgs. SGA was like +39

People always bring up how many guys from the past could play in today’s game but….If Jokic played in the 90s against guys like Hakeem and Dave Robinson, Shaq? Opinions? Ehhh
I mean his passing ability is what makes him different. But I feel like ppl forget Hakeem and Shaq are the outliers. Most nights you’re getting dudes like Greg Ostertag and Ervin Johnson :lol: I think he’d still avg 20+ and 10-12.

He would be even better because a lot of the defensive limitations would basically vanish if he plays in the 90's.

He would be even better because a lot of the defensive limitations would basically vanish if he plays in the 90's.
But if the defensive limitations vanished, then guys like David Robinson, Hakeem and Shaq are guarding him even harder, and on the other end that makes his job even harder in guarding them.

20230118_225852.jpg

Same stats as now while being less of a defensive liability.

Back
Top Bottom