The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

You take the chip. 10 times outta 10...But Lebby hitched his wagon to Mr. Glass who hasn't played half the games since that season and Russ was brought in at his behest as well. Disastrous first season, much better this season but the depth isn't there. They've played well and been competitive against elite teams this season, but they just can't keep the health sustained and have the dumbest combo of coach player execution in close games I've ever seen. Could easily be 7 games better than their record is right now.

Things Lakers fans have posted about over the last few pages:

- Jokic zero rings lolololol
- Ackshually the Light the Beam chants were a protest by Lakers fans
- Other fanbases shouldn't be able to talk because their favorite team is bad
- Warriors young players
- Warriors future picks

Am I missing anything?

You more ALA than a Knick fan Nicholas, c'mon.

You take the chip. 10 times outta 10...But Lebby hitched his wagon to Mr. Glass who hasn't played half the games since that season and Russ was brought in at his behest as well. Disastrous first season, much better this season but the depth isn't there. They've played well and been competitive against elite teams this season, but they just can't keep the health sustained and have the dumbest combo of coach player execution in close games I've ever seen. Could easily be 7 games better than their record is right now.

You know I've been very vocal in here about how chips are hard to come by but that decision of maximizing the window of your aging core by trading assets (picks and young players) vs. holding onto said assets is a really tough one. I've kind of come to the conclusion that fans almost always lean towards maximizing whereas the front office execs lean towards holding onto assets.

Funnily enough, the last two teams I can think of in sports that went all in to maximize their window are both from LA - Lakers and Rams :lol: Fortunately it worked out for them but I feel like a lot of times it doesn't but that is just going off raw memory so I could be wrong.

Things Lakers fans have posted about over the last few pages:

- Jokic zero rings lolololol
- Ackshually the Light the Beam chants were a protest by Lakers fans
- Other fanbases shouldn't be able to talk because their favorite team is bad
- Warriors young players
- Warriors future picks

Am I missing anything?
WASHED KING WASHED KING isnt a Lakers fan.

Now do Knicks fans...

I'll start.

-Potent offense of Zubac + Clarkson is better than winning a championship.

You know I've been very vocal in here about how chips are hard to come by but that decision of maximizing the window of your aging core by trading assets (picks and young players) vs. holding onto said assets is a really tough one. I've kind of come to the conclusion that fans almost always lean towards maximizing whereas the front office execs lean towards holding onto assets.

Funnily enough, the last two teams I can think of in sports that went all in to maximize their window are both from LA - Lakers and Rams :lol: Fortunately it worked out for them but I feel like a lot of times it doesn't but that is just going off raw memory so I could be wrong.

The Clippers have done it to but no fruits from that labor.

I don't blame the Lakers front office for not doing it again now especially given the fact that both AD and Bron will 99% be gone by the time those picks come to fruition and doubly cause AD can't stay on the damn floor.

The Clippers have done it to but no fruits from that labor.

I don't blame the Lakers front office for not doing it again now especially given the fact that both AD and Bron will 99% be gone by the time those picks come to fruition and doubly cause AD can't stay on the damn floor.
Yep - Clippers and the Nets (Celtics trade) came to mind as "all-in" failures.

I've been on the Lakers shouldn't do it trade from the jump and I'm glad you see the light 🤝
Sabonis should start. Feel like AD and Zion has missed too many games.

From a production standpoint, I totally agree but he's too far down on the fan vote which is 50%. I would demand a recount if I was ahead of him in the fan vote and didn't get in :lol: (he realistically could get a significant portion of the other 50% though)

Yeah, it would only be GS. UD gets the UD treatment because he's a Heat lifer. You don't get that treatment with that skill level bouncing around :lol:

DeAndre Jordan is another story, though (even though he's only 34 :lol:)
There's a history of a few bigs in the league hanging aroung for long after they stopped being productive players. Like Kevin Willis playing until he was 55 or whatever it was.

s86e2e9yhzca1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom