The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

If Joe Tsai wants to be salty toward Kyrie. I totally get it. But at the same time, the Nets willingly signed that same Kyrie Irving who had already had a history of missing a bunch of games each season, and who had already left two other teams on not the best of circumstances and pretty much said, even though it didn’t work out with those other teams, there’s no reason to think it won’t work out here. Let’s give him the key to the franchise. Some of this falls on them.

Same way if he secures a multi year deal this summer and tells whichever team or gm whatever they want to hear to secure the bag and proceeds to act up afterward. Like can you really feel bad for that team when his track record is there.

Aside from that. Assuming the Lakers were willing to make the best offer. That whole were specifically not going to trade him here out of spite because that’s his preferred destination is silly. I’m not saying you go out your way to accommodate a trade to his preferred destination. But if his preferred destination makes the best offer, you bite your tongue and do what’s best for your organization.

College basketball <<<<<<<<<<<

The fact that they went for a 2 while down 3 with only seconds to go in the game perfectly encapsulates why it is the worst sport on the planet.

I’ve seen Russ Westbrook do that time and time again

If Joe Tsai wants to be salty toward Kyrie. I totally get it. But at the same time, the Nets willingly signed that same Kyrie Irving who had already had a history of missing a bunch of games each season, and who had already left two other teams on not the best of circumstances and pretty much said, even though it didn’t work out with those other teams, there’s no reason to think it won’t work out here. Let’s give him the key to the franchise. Some of this falls on them.

Same way if he secures a multi year deal this summer and tells whichever team or gm whatever they want to hear to secure the bag and proceeds to act up afterward. Like can you really feel bad for that team when his track record is there.

Aside from that. Assuming the Lakers were willing to make the best offer. That whole were specifically not going to trade him here out of spite because that’s his preferred destination is silly. I’m not saying you go out your way to accommodate a trade to his preferred destination. But if his preferred destination makes the best offer, you bite your tongue and do what’s best for your organization.
This isn’t news

The spurs did it with kawhi. Literally traded him for derozen and poetl over Ingram and picks

This isn’t news

The spurs did it with kawhi. Literally traded him for derozen and poetl over Ingram and picks

And it’s stupid backwards thinking. I get it if it was the early 00’s and the Lakers and Spurs were battling for championships. But the Spurs were on the decline in 2018, the Lakers had missed due playoffs 5 seasons in a row. Take the best deal and keep it moving.

Players have all the power (as they should). But you can’t blame team management for wanting to say F off if a guy plays around with your franchise and floats that he wants to play at a specific location before his deal is up and tries to force his way there.

Nobody is forcing guys to stay with teams for 7 years. You could take the Qualifying offer and enter Free Agency a year later.
Certain guys will get their deal regardless of any injury that could happen.

DC9A0215-A5A4-4223-A684-C519DB47842B.jpeg

This literally just happened in the NBA with an alleged "star"

Good god. It isn’t even like he went straight into a look either. That man took dribbles and then contorted his shot in mid air. Must have thought he was in that Jordan Frozen Moment commercial :rofl:

We saw this with the CP3 trade in 2011. Sucka *** Mark Cuban and a couple owners calling stern crying while the deal was going down. The AD trade was dragged on for 6 months for the same reason.

Joe Tsai has become the most hated Owner in the NBA in just a couple hours.

:lol: :lol:
The fact that it took a trade for people to turn on a dude who financially supported cultural genocide in China says more about the fans than him. The internet activists were so busy being fake mad at Kyrie that they were siding with anyone who said anything negative about him including this dude.

We saw this with the CP3 trade in 2011. Sucka *** Mark Cuban and a couple owners calling stern crying while the deal was going down. The AD trade was dragged on for 6 months for the same reason.

That **** was so lame. The Lakers got shafted with the fallout too. Odom got upset about the trade that never was and got moved to Dallas.

The whole charge the Lakers more concept though. Like aside from 2020, they’ve been pretty irrelevant for about a decade now. Like are they really that afraid of the Lakers contending regularly again.

Yeah Anthony Davis forced a trade to the Lakers by making it clear he wouldn’t sign a long term deal elsewhere. If the Pelicans wanted to be salty about that, it is what it is. But the Lakers were making legitimate good faith trade offers in a situation New Orleans had minimal leverage in. They could’ve easily said the Pelicans want too much. Let’s run it back with Ingram, Lonzo and company and sign Anthony Davis as a free agent in 2020. I know the Lakers had motivation to get a deal done. But that whole specifically taxing the Lakers stuff is wild to me.

Back
Top Bottom