The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Getting rid of illegal defense (SHAQ) changed basketball, but no one wants talk about it.

Ask them older players about it. They ain't gon have **** to say. BUT IT WAS SO PHYSICAL.

FYSif5lXwAEis_D

FOH :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
That’s why I was laughing at some of the outrage from that all star pic floating around with the mean iso…That’s how it looked in a real game back in the “good old days” :lol:

The main crux of JJ’s argument is that the movement in todays game is more taxing on your body, which I don’t see how you could really disagree.

Look at that tweet with Chuck vs GSW. NO ONE is moving. At all.

Steph is allowed to do those VERY things because of the rules changes…………..

The main crux of JJ’s argument is that the movement in todays game is more taxing on your body, which I don’t see how you could really disagree.

Look at that tweet with Chuck vs GSW. NO ONE is moving. At all.

He's too exteme with it. He said in the early 200's teams would just dump the ball to the big man and stand around. That's 1000% false. Fisher, Horry, Fox wasn't just standing around watching Shaq. We know damn well Kobe wasn't doing that. :lol:

The Duncan Spurs ALWAYS moved around. The CWebb Kings had better ball movement and passing than a lot of teams today. The Pistons with Chauncey used to kill that pick and roll.

He's too exteme with it. He said in the early 200's teams would just dump the ball to the big man and stand around. That's 1000% false. Fisher, Horry, Fox wasn't just standing around watching Shaq. We know damn well Kobe wasn't doing that. :lol:

The Duncan Spurs ALWAYS moved around. The CWebb Kings had better ball movement and passing than a lot of teams today. The Pistons with Chauncey used to kill that pick and roll.

JJ Redick who’s literally a spot up shooter with no handle and no defense

the only time that the Shaq Lakers stood around and dumped it to the big guy was against the Pippen Blazers in the Western Finals. nothing was working for the Lakers and Shaq was the only consistent basket maker.

the CWebb Kings impressed me the most as far as ball movement and motion/PR was concerned. it was butter. too bad they got mafia'd.

I’d rather watch ISOs and 1 on 1 instead of dudes like Russell Westbrook and other terrible shooters hoisting 3s all game.

Every era is flawed
solution for that is simple, go back to the roots and removed the 3 point line. that should eliminate people from doing stupid attempts.

I’m not really gonna argue about physicality at the rim. If the old heads want to own those fouls that’s fine.

What they didn’t have to worry about was closing out on 4-5 guys on the court at all times that can both shoot 3s and take you off the dribble. There’s a ton of space that you have to cover.

2 different types of physical.

I’d rather watch ISOs and 1 on 1 instead of dudes like Russell Westbrook and other terrible shooters hoisting 3s all game.

Every era is flawed

the worst part about this current era is that it got duncan robinson paid $18 million to ride the bench

miami needs amnesty ASAP

Back
Top Bottom