The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Durant doesn't get criticized because

1. LeBron positions himself as the face of the league so he's going to get criticized. Durant explicitly frames things around not being a leader. This is why KD constantly says things like "I'm just here to play basketball"

This also applies to off the court stuff.

Think about all of the little things LeBron gets nitpicked for doing yet Durant was able to go on a homophobic rant and everyone collectively shrug their shoulders. If LeBron did the same thing, he would have to retire.

2. Consciously or subconsciously, everyone knows that he is not on LeBron's level so he's not held to the same standard.

3. LeBron is the one who ushered in the player movement era so he's going to get backlash. Durant isn't getting backlash because he's just doing what other players of the era are doing.

Durant doesn’t get backlash or criticism?

Since when?

What is this theoretical cutoff for age of the new generation?

Yanni, Joker, and Embiid are only 28. Probably have another 5-7 years of them being top tier guys.

Luka is 23 years old with 3 first team All-NBAs.

Tatum and Ja are both stars under 25 and extremely popular.

Fatso ZeeOn is a beast whenever he’s actually on the court.

Wemby is the most hyped prospect since Bron and Scoot is good as hell too :lol:
Forgot Jalen Green.

Durant 100% gets criticism. He's one of the most criticized players in the league. I'm specifically talking about the level of criticism Durant gets versus the level of criticism LeBron gets.

For one lebron is a lot more outspoken about things outside of basketball.

But we ain’t about to pretend like the meme of Durant joining the Warriors isn’t a thing. Or like how he’s about to be the face of player disgruntlement with him requesting a trade twice in a year. Or how people hate him for joining the dubs. Or the burner accounts. And there was the cupcakes.

I can keep going

Melo and Jalen Green are the most Gen Z players in the league.
1677100833366.png

Overrated is a strong word but I was recently thinking about something similar to what you said. KD has played with all-time prime talent for like 13 seasons straight (Rust/Harden > Klay/KD/Dray > Kyrie/Harden and now Book) and he doesn’t nearly get criticized the way Lebby does even though he has lowkey moved in a similar, if not even more blatant. He’s played with more talent than Lebby had since Lebby joined the Heatles tbh.

Imma have to get Rich to offer you a max deal.
Cause when I say this I’m delusional. THEY will listen to you though.

Back
Top Bottom