The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Screenshot_20230403-083138.png

This is crazy. I thought for sure Kyrie would bring that good juju of his and they'd go on a run.
They've got bigger problems than just that fit but I really didn't expect it to get that bad this fast :lol:

They're like 1-7 in their last 8 down the stretch :sick:

Going from a WCF appearance to possibly missing the play-in the next season is insane. Taken Luka's love for the game away too :lol: :smh:

I still hate this 65 games thing. Guys are gonna try and push through injuries and something bad is gonna happen. It also implies that the people who are voting for awards arent doing the work to think/consider games played. Its so dumb. Undermines the whole process of it. I'll take superior quality over quantity all day.

And why is it 65 games? The Scoring Title is like 58 games.

Scoring title should be total points while we're at it.

Last edited:

SURPRISE! It's really not all that different but people are dead *** stuck on the Kyrie Luka fit like it's the problem.

It's brain dead.

They lost one solid defender - and just flat out got too small in the short-term moving Dorian out of the rotation.

It's not that Dorian was really good or that the trade was bad. It's the fallout of longer-term issues with roster building.

Last edited:
Mavs are gonna low-key make sure they get their top 10 draft pick. The team has been in free fall ever since they let Brunson walk. I wouldn't be surprised if KI walks and Luka asks for a trade at the end of this season.

Mavs are gonna low-key make sure they get their top 10 draft pick. The team has been in free fall ever since they let Brunson walk. I wouldn't be surprised if KI walks and Luka asks for a trade at the end of this season.
The Mavs have gradually chipped away at their depth since 2019-2020. It's biting them in the *** now.

I thought Seth Curry for Josh Richardson trade was smart, but it didn't work out. Delon Wright is a good POA defender, but he got traded for James Johnson, who got traded to rent JJ Redick for two months. I'm sure there's other things too.

the western conference is wide open, but i think the suns are getting billed as a bigger threat than they really are. good team, but i don't think kd is boosting them like THAT

kd has been in the league for over 15 years now. earlier successses have covered for his subpar last 4 years that have been riddled with injuries and lack of commitment when things didn't go his way. take it back even further with an already stacked team that had a developed infrastructure which he forced his way onto & his lore greatly benefitted from 🔍

Back
Top Bottom