The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

The Mavs have gradually chipped away at their depth since 2019-2020. It's biting them in the *** now.

I thought Seth Curry for Josh Richardson trade was smart, but it didn't work out. Delon Wright is a good POA defender, but he got traded for James Johnson, who got traded to rent JJ Redick for two months. I'm sure there's other things too.
Josh green is finally showing life but they screwed up drafts badly

Mavs keep the top 10 pick: Only have that and the 2027 pick available to trade with their deadweight salaries.
Mavs don't keep the top 10 pick: Have 2025 and 2027 picks available to trade with their deadweight salaries.

No second rounders available for the next seven years.

Tough.

I keep hearing the west is weak but damn near every team in the top 10 is rolling right now. Only teams who look like they might limp into the playoffs is LAC and Minnesota

Mavs are gonna low-key make sure they get their top 10 draft pick. The team has been in free fall ever since they let Brunson walk. I wouldn't be surprised if KI walks and Luka asks for a trade at the end of this season.

They've let Brunson walk, they were using KP all wrong and they have no depth, and they have Bertans' awful contract for another 2 years.

They will most likely lose Wood for nothing and would have to make a decision on Kyrie.

Other than a late lottery pick, what options do the Mavs have this summer? The future is looking bleak.

Experience. And I think they're capable of hitting a switch. I don't think the home court thing will be as glaring come playoffs.

Getting GPII and Wiggins (hopefully) back in time will be a huge boost for their road games. And if they will remain the 6th seed and play against the inexperiences Kings then maybe the young Grizzlies....I would take the dubs over them on paper.

If they play against the Lakers in the second round, then that's a different story.

Jerami Grant had a sneaky good year. Who's overpaying for him this summer?
Thought there was a wink-wink deal between him and the Blazers (similar to Nurkic last season) on a big contract. Now I'm not so sure if the Blazers blow it up.

Pacers have a glaring hole at PF and the cap space to make a run at him. All the other teams with cap space I don't see.

I need a GS vs Phoenix first rd matchup.

I need it.
i-would-like-to-see-it.gif

too

It was never gonna work out with having Luka and Kyrie on the same team. Incompatible completely. Kyrie gone this summer to eff over yet another team
That one chip got everybody fooled same as Doc Rivers. He's team cancer, simple

It was never gonna work out with having Luka and Kyrie on the same team. Incompatible completely. Kyrie gone this summer to eff over yet another team
That one chip got everybody fooled same as Doc Rivers. He's team cancer, simple
I think people didn't expect them to go far but I don't think we saw it as being as disastrous as it has been.

It's a lot to expect Wiggins to sit out for two months and jump right into playoff basketball when he wasn't a huge difference maker all season. Don't even know if he's been staying in shape this whole time
I agree and the pressure will be on him to perform/save the season. Tough spot to be in

Back
Top Bottom