The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Yeah if they did it with Euroleague teams **** would be interesting.

Travel would be a disaster though.
That is the only way it works. Maybe they could invite some college teams and G league teams and Euro teams to participate. Otherwise it is just a meaningless exercise. Things like the Carabao Cup and FA Cup format only works when you have multiple divisions and multiple leagues working together. NBA won’t want to share revenue with the International leagues so this is just another dumb idea

He’s a chuck who turns the ball over a lot and is awful on defense. :lol: He can’t find the court in any pivotal moments for a team that desperately needs another facilitator, despite just getting a 4/132M contract. He’s not contributing to winning basketball right now, man.
I agree but NOT GOOD AT BASKETBALL? Come on. But yeah there's a Jordan Poole problem. I haven't run from it.

"Summer of refinement"

Klutch News can hire all the former Political advisors they can get their hands on (as they’ve done).

They’re not jumping 7 points in the polls.

This is a landslide. :lol:
You underestimate how much young people will idolize Bron. When the league is all Gen Z and Gen Alpha the percentages will change.

That is the only way it works. Maybe they could invite some college teams and G league teams and Euro teams to participate. Otherwise it is just a meaningless exercise. Things like the Carabao Cup and FA Cup format only works when you have multiple divisions and multiple leagues working together. NBA won’t want to share revenue with the International leagues so this is just another dumb idea

A quarter of NBA teams would get beat by Real Madrid or Barcelona.

That would also make the NBA look bad.

No way Adam Silver invited the Euro League teams (even tho it would be dope).

Due to perception and revenue sharing like you said.

You underestimate how much young people will idolize Bron. When the league is all Gen Z and Gen Alpha the percentages will change.

Half the league is Gen Z already man :lol:

They did an interview of draft prospects last year most of them said Michael Jordan.

Bron can’t want this battle man. :lol:

1681841572140.png
reaves should be up there with trae. "im him", my *** cant score without flopping on every single drive

Last edited:
A quarter of NBA teams would get beat by Real Madrid or Barcelona.

That would also make the NBA look bad.

No way Adam Silver does. Because of perception and revenue sharing like you said.
I agree. Even some of the teams in Greece and Israel could give a lower tier NBA team problems. I think the games would be a net positive for the players in the long run as teams could find their next international star in the tournament and if non NBA teams won it would be a great thing for the game. Silver wants the NBA to be global but doesn’t want the NBA to look bad like you said.

Adam silver watches a UEFA futbol tournament and thinks he can translate that in the league :lol:
That honeymoon phase is over, right?

I agree. Even some of the teams in Greece and Israel could give a lower tier NBA team problems. I think the games would be a net positive for the players in the long run as teams could find their next international star in the tournament and if non NBA teams won it would be a great thing for the game. Silver wants the NBA to be global but doesn’t want the NBA to look bad like you said.

Yea. Turkey too. Maybe a few from the Balkans as well.

They always have a couple good teams.

Silver is not trying to see NBA teams getting beat by foreigners - Hell No :lol:

Half the league is Gen Z already man :lol:

They did an interview of draft prospects last year most of them said Michael Jordan.

Bron can’t want this battle man. :lol:
I didn't say he'd win, I said he'd get a higher percentage of the vote. There's no way that doesn't happen.

Yea. Turkey too. Maybe a few from the Balkans as well.

They always have a couple good teams.

Silver is not trying to see NBA teams getting beat by foreigners - Hell No :lol:
The Turkish league is really good from what I’ve seen. I agree that the Balkans has some good teams too. I actually watch Euro League basketball during the year and those guys can ball. Not everyone in those leagues are super athletic but they can rebound, defend and shoot. The NBA is still the best league in the world but dudes acting like other leagues are trash aren’t watching.

The Turkish league is really good from what I’ve seen. I agree that the Balkans has some good teams too. I actually watch Euro League basketball during the year and those guys can ball. Not everyone in those leagues are super athletic but they can rebound, defend and shoot. The NBA is still the best league in the world but dudes acting like other leagues are trash aren’t watching.

The Balkans have the most talent but they can’t retain their talent.

So the players end up going to the big European giants like RM, Barça, etc.

But every once in a while you’ll see a Balkan team that is real good go deep in the Euro League - before their players get poached, of course.

Back
Top Bottom