The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Not having either Clarke or Adams is hurting them badly in this series, but their problems do go beyond that.

Way to young top to bottom. Need to bring a couple of no-nonsense vets to balance out the locker room. Get rid of Brooks for someone who isn't a liability on offense.

All that said, if they take the L in this series, I think it will actually humble them some. That didn't happen last year because I think they all convinced themselves that if Ja didn't get injured in the Warriors seires, they'd be champions.

Front office wanted to still operate as a 'rebuilding' squad due to age. They had opportunities to upgrade their bench after losing SloMo/Melt, but wanted to add rookies and rely on 2nd year Ziaire (fail) and Santi (developing well, but not ready). Having Tyus was a luxury and there were bigger needs (bigger guard, wing scoring). A guy you could have played last night instead of only playing Tyus for 9 minutes :lol:

First offseason I think the front office will have some real pressure to improve the team. They even had an opportunity to add some frontcourt depth, but sat on their hands last offseason.

You keep Dillon Brooks in for defense, but he doesn't help on that Lebron drive and force Rui to win the game :lol:

You know damn well not winning the 3 point battle will put us at a disadvantage, yet you continue to give Dillon the opportunity to go 1-7 from downtown with Luke being 2-4 in the game (7-13 from 3 the entire series).

So AD had one of his patented coma games last night? Ridiculous for a guy that should be like 25 and 15 every game.

What I don't understand is why AD doesn't adjust to the double teams.

He just let's them take him out of his game.

Game 3 he caught the ball and went quick.

Game 4 he just wanted the ball feed to him.

He makes zero sense.

What I don't understand is why AD doesn't adjust to the double teams.

He just let's them take him out of his game.

Game 3 he caught the ball and went quick.

Game 4 he just wanted the ball feed to him.

He makes zero sense.

AD the type of dude that if he's having an off night it spirals. At least he sorta kicked it in gear late on the defensive end and hustling for some boards.

Why Ham didn't play Vandy more in the 2nd half? I was sure he would put that man on Bane. That stubby armed menace was getting to the rim every play.

Ja was 8-24. We been playin him well.

Yeah, him spazzing from 3 the other game was an aberration. But like bhzmafia14 bhzmafia14 has been saying, Jenkins making it easier for you guys by giving big minutes to dudes who don’t have to be guarded. Still, good on the Lakers that they always have multiple helpers ready on Ja’s drives.

Back
Top Bottom