The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

So all those folks saying PHX was the favorites after getting KD must have forgot about this factor

I thought they’d shoot a lil more than 5 threes in a half! I was more concerned with their depth than the lack of 3 point volume. I didn’t think it would be this bad.

But let’s forget the depth and 3 point volume, they can’t get a stop and they’re getting killed on the boards right now. That’s probably the biggest reason they’re down at the half.

Malone rested Murray & Jokic to start the 2nd. Suns had Book + Ayton on the floor and lost by 7.

Offensively, gameplan was simple. Gordon is switching everything so you can get Ayton against Bruce Brown or another small easily. Throw it to him & play out of that.

Book & Shamet had a turnovers on entry passes, Ayton couldn’t get good position against Bruce one possession & elbowed KCP in the face on another :lol:

Defensively Ayton was poor. Missed a rotation once, helped but didn’t recover another time. Got beat by Bruce Brown straight up at the rim.

Then Book lost MPJ off that jump ball.

Then Jokic comes back in & like we’ve been talking about, Phoenix just doesn’t have the personnel to defend them.

Phoenix has to be sharper offensively. Less isos, better entry passing. Basic **** :lol: which is frustrating if you’re Monty

I thought they’d shoot a lil more than 5 threes in a half! I was more concerned with their depth than the lack of 3 point volume. I didn’t think it would be this bad.

But let’s forget the depth and 3 point volume, they can’t get a stop and they’re getting killed on the boards right now. That’s probably the biggest reason they’re down at the half.
They're dead last in 3-point attempts in the Playoffs at 23.6 compared to the next lowest NYK at 29.8

Wild :wow:

phx had trouble with a russell led clips team. this was not going to be an easy series for them

A little of the rebound numbers is Jokic doing a Moses Malone imitation :lol:

Also, Gordon had 4 threes the entire Minny series. 2 in the first half. KCP had 8, already has 3. Jeff Green hit one too :lol:

A few of those are gonna turn into bricks & the Suns will make a run whenever Jokic goes to the bench.

Back
Top Bottom