The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

something yours could never do

How many times lebron missed the playoffs playing with the Lakers again? Didn't all his fans spread propaganda for years about how he could bring any team to the finals?

Let's get one thing straight, lebron's career would look a lot like KD's if he weren't hiding in the leastern conference for a decade plus

Lakers and Warriors fans arguing which team is an underdog :rofl: Yeah 2 of the most popular teams of the last 20 years are underdogs

eli-drake.gif

Warriors had the ninth rated offense in the first round against a spotty Kings defense. I'm not saying the Lakers are gonna stifle the Warriors, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

They at the Chase. Home court, and finally the entire rotation back and playing together for a consecutive week, for the first time the entire season.

They have momentum, and could definitely get better from here on out. Put who you’re rooting for aside, so you disagree with that?

They at the Chase. Home court, and finally the entire rotation back and playing together for a consecutive week, for the first time the entire season.

They have momentum, and could definitely get better from here on out. Put who you’re rooting for aside, so you disagree with that?
🤝

I wonder if Quick or another guard continues to struggle w/ the perimeter, will Thibs give Deuce some of those minutes 🤔 They might lose absolutely nothing offensively. And naturally, get even more stingy on the other end. Whole point of it all.
Son had been solidifying his spot b4 Hart arrived. In & out of the rotation, no fault of his own, cuz of league politics and he still shows up when called.

He had Spyda in hell the few mins he had the assignment. Jimmy might be too much to ask but Lowry and others not named Bam ain’t doing **** with the demon on the floor.

A young Marcus Smart w/ a better j from the start. Deuce just needs the time to get loose.

Supposed Knicks ‘fans’ doubting the kid as if they didn’t just endure an eternity of Frank NT disappointment & couldn’t tell the difference between a dawg and a 🍟BAN.
Also the only pass first guard in semi-rotation. Mitch and Obi would be eating even more if they gave him the rock for some time out there. Let the j still be wet & the story will be a legendary coming out party 🐾
Most egregious tho was implying that RJ, on his worst day, was approaching Frank the stank levels of bust.

I had to throw in the towel at that point.

Nasty stuff.

Momentum?

Klay, Poole and nem was nowhere to be found.

How many times lebron missed the playoffs playing with the Lakers again? Didn't all his fans spread propaganda for years about how he could bring any team to the finals?

Let's get one thing straight, lebron's career would look a lot like KD's if he weren't hiding in the leastern conference for a decade plus

The same reasons why the Lakers fans think Lakers is an underdog will be the same excuses given after they lose the series

The hypothetical **** talking about Lebron’s legacy has already started.

1682958210497.gif

smells like FEARRRRRRRRRR

The amount people talk about AD being hurt is lowkey them hoping it will happen.

my guy, it’s lakers fans themselves who’ve been saying “this team goes as far as AD’s health allows” and “we’re an AD injury away from cancun”

don’t conflate barkley calling him street clothes with folks wishing injuries upon athletes. we’re degenerates but no one wants to see folks sustain injuries.

I'm not doubting Steph and the alleged gravitational force. Wiggins ain't a walk in the park for Bron. I expect Klay to have some good shooting spots.

But I'm honestly wondering where GSW offense is coming from consistently. Poole really is the key I guess. He may **** around and find his shot here and there. But, when Steph hits the bench, it's gonna be feast or famine out there.

It’s all fun and jokes, until somebody like a 21 year old Jordan Poole in his first ever playoff and finals appearance kicks off a 21-0 run, in game 6 of the finals to beat your Celtics.

Or Otto Porter goes crazy in the clutch.

Or GP2 does some **** like this:

But y’all keep discounting the margins, on a team who won with exactly this type of production:

F96CA6FA-F25F-477B-81FB-5E2A86BF81B8.jpeg

You do realize this exact logic on top of having two top 10 players is exactly why Laker fans are confident going into this series??

1682958310442.png

Team has 4-5 players outside of Bron who could score 15-20 points & it wouldn't be a huge surprise, they had one of the better records in the league after the AS break missing Bron for the majority of it & D'Lo for a third.

Also i would imagine coming off a 40 point victory in a season where at 1 point you had less tham 1% chance to make the playoffs would be seen as momentum :lol:

my guy, it’s lakers fans themselves who’ve been saying “this team goes as far as AD’s health allows” and “we’re an AD injury away from cancun”

don’t conflate barkley calling him street clothes with folks wishing injuries upon athletes. we’re degenerates but no one wants to see folks sustain injuries.

How come Embiid and Kawhi aren't called street clothes then?

you talk about stamina, the only old head on the Lakers is Lebron, the most well conditioned athlete of all time.

Ad is 30 and has barely played minutes of a normal 30 year old due to injuries. He’s ready to play 40+ minutes all series and it’ll be nothing to him.

The rest of our team is all in our mid 20s.

THE WARRIORS ARE THE OLD TEAM.

YOU GOT OLD *** KLAY COMING OFF 1000 injuries.

Old *** Dray with his broken down body

Looney the oldest 27 year old OF ALL TIME!!!

Old *** Steph just had to give a movie speech and drop 50 in the greatest game 7 performance to carry the warriors against THE KINGS (with a broken Fox and 3 players who forgot how to play basketball).

THE LAKERS ARE THE YOUNGER TEAM.
THE DYNASTY ENDS IN LESS THAN 2 WEEKS.
SAVOR THE FINAL MOMENTS.

we saw how that “they’re too old” talk went for malik monk >D

Back
Top Bottom