The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Jimmy butler's 👸

I forgot about Jimmy Butler having an affair with Rachel Nichols being on his long list of folktales. He has got to be the most interesting man in the Association. No story about him would surprise me at this point :lol:

Dray to lakers next year confirmed if dubs lose this series

Nah, similar to the situation with Kyrie Irving, the only way the Lakers could get Draymond would be to announce the rights of all of their new acquisitions (D'lo, Rui, Vanderbilt, Beasley) which doesn't make any sense.

Regardless of how this season ends, I think the Lakers will try their best to run it back next season with a few tweaks

20230510_170829.jpg

20230510_170823.jpg

Last edited:
This is exactly what I mean by him being immune to criticism. You won a title 4 years ago therefore you can do no wrong.

I’m not saying he’s a bad GM, he’s a great GM but hasn’t done a great job building this team in the last two years.

This “business decision” you speak of is exactly why trading for picks and maximizing your return is important. I don’t think players singing here is a bad as it was 10 years ago, but your best bet is to still draft, develop and/ or trade.

Not tanking means you don’t get high picks and not trading means you let players walk for nothing. So what? You sign? Your logic supports my argument.
Who said “he could do no wrong”? You’re just minimizing how difficult it is to win a title, so I pointed out how few guys across the league even have one.

If they would’ve traded OG for 4 first round picks in the end of the first round to Memphis then you would’ve been more encouraged? Or trading FVV for a late teens pick? You’re being presumptuous that his ownership wanted to see them Tank and rebuild — that’s the business of basketball part that I’m talking about. Neither of us our Raps fans so I doubt we follow close enough to even know that.

Man I just don't think a rebuilding team is gonna hit him with a long-term high-dollar deal given the new CBA restrictions.

It's literally suicide before your plane even gets off the ground. He's gonna need Golden State's help even if a separation is inevitable... Otherwise he's gonna be hurtin'.

Idk the salary situations but only Dallas, Portland & PHX make sense to me from a competitive standpoint.

Aint no way Dray is opting out and Steph won't let him get traded. They'll work like hell to move Poole but other than that they're stuck with what they got

Brook Lopez making the all defensive team and getting more DPOY Votes than Giannis is hilarious to me.

Aint no way Dray is opting out and Steph won't let him get traded. They'll work like hell to move Poole but other than that they're stuck with what they got

I don't think it's about him opting out because is sick of GSW but more so opting out to get a long(er) term deal which is not unreasonable form a personal standpoint IMO

Back
Top Bottom