The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Umm because he’s a billionaire. Plus I’m sure Ayesha is a good mom with her businesses and doesn’t impact Steph.
I think it is more wives playing their role across the league than we give credit for. Jordan first wife was cool being in the background, but Jordan just couldn't stop bangin different chicks in her face. Kobe wife was in the background, even during the Colorado debacle. Hell Durant fiance was cool being in the background, so much so when they called it off it flew under the radar. I forgot what MTV show they were on together Cribs or something.

One of the few people in sports media worth listening to

No, he is a homer. we are pointing out Embiid and Booker worst games. Lets not act like LeBron hasn't had bad games in the playoffs. Lets make sure we keep that same energy.

CCDB27C7-953A-41B6-BCCE-9CAB400BF866.jpeg
Ppl think Jokic is abt to dominate AD in the post. Yeah no

Only reason the nugs were so successful against the suns, us cause one KD washed a hell and two cause they don’t have a dominate big man. AD will have at least 25 tonight :pimp:

they didn't need durant last year despite steph being guarded by the DPOY. when they sent bigs at him, steph was cookin that drop coverage.

i'm not arguing that KD wouldn't help, but klay and JP regressing offensively in these playoffs hurt a lot. if klay had anything remotely close to a decent playoff run, the series vs the lakers could have gone differently. oh well.

i want KD back in the bay but that aint happening.
That's exactly the point. Klay and Poole can only be good as they can be as supporting players. But push comes to shove, they needed another superstar to carry a part of the burden and not expect Steph to play God mode every game. Saw last year's finals and Steph was phenomenal. Although as good as the Celtics were defensively, they didn't push as hard as they could have compared to what the Lakers did employing a sort of "Jordan Rules" defense. Plus the fact that Tatum disappeared on most of those games.

Gave up on Brown too early. Travesty.
Browns time had run it’s course tho. I loved Brett but it was time. Especially after the prior offseason

The Joel centric offense just has to stop. It’s fun yes but it doesn’t work in the postseason

Probably more likely to see Bron try to guard Jokic than Tristan Thompson, Gabriel or Bamba.

But I think the Lakers can/will just mirror AD's minutes with Jokic (~40) and go small with Bron/Rui in the leftover minutes since the Nuggets go small with Gordon/Green when Jokic rests.

Jokic is not going to score like he did against Phoenix in this series - let’s just get that out of the way. The Lakers are just way better defensively as a team than the Suns. Doesn’t mean necessarily he’s getting locked up though.

Part of what makes Jokic so good is that he can be selective about his own offense and dominate a game through facilitating. Think he’s too smart to try to win a one-on-one battle against AD.

Back
Top Bottom