The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League | USA vs Germany at 3 ET on Fox

Last time he saw that man this happened & they were gone in 5

#SOON

1684111402253.png
Lol team was completely different. Way less threats. Plumlee didn't even know how to switch man to man.

And the difference maker wasn't AD on joker. It was Dwight Howard on Joker. Be better.

I imagine they’re gonna throw Davis, Vanderbilt, and Rui toward Jokic whenever he gets the ball.

hopefully you ain’t trying to win a game 7 with CP3

this is funny coming from a kobe bryant fan. both players are going to give you 20/8/5 in game 7 but CP3 is going to shoot 46% and koBrick is going to shoot 39%. The difference is that CP3's teammates aren't going to bail him out time and time again.

Also, if it's game 7 and I need someone to make me a series-winning shot, I'm taking CP3 over kobe bryant.

Gabriel is 205 pounds Wth is he supposed to do against Joker?
It will be Bron or Thompson on Joker, while Gabriel matches up with Gordon or JGreen in lineups where Lakers gotta go big.

Bron can guard Joker for short stretches just to give AD a breather. I expect Ham to fully utilize AD, TT, Bron, and maybe even Bamba on Jokic this series. If he doesn't and he uses AD on Jokic 95% of the time then Lakers will be in trouble

Everybody keeps acting like the Nuggets and Lakers haven't played since the bubble :lol:. We've seen Jokic v AD plenty of times since then. Jokic is gonna do his thug thizzle and the Lakers can still win

a bit late but this aged like wine..... guess they really need someone like Durant to win with Steph being hounded around now.

they didn't need durant last year despite steph being guarded by the DPOY. when they sent bigs at him, steph was cookin that drop coverage.

i'm not arguing that KD wouldn't help, but klay and JP regressing offensively in these playoffs hurt a lot. if klay had anything remotely close to a decent playoff run, the series vs the lakers could have gone differently. oh well.

i want KD back in the bay but that aint happening.

It's all about AD v Joker 1v1

But my biggest question is what each is doing when they won't be defending another

AD defending Joker straight up all series? Doubt it. So what's the counter when you want AD to float around when he's maximized

Lakers will want to put Joker in more actions than what Minny and the Suns were capable of so what's the counter for Denver?

Statmuse citing numbers of __ player vs __ player doesn't really tell us much

Last edited:

That is dope though, I remember her starting a yogurt business when they lived in Miami. However outside of that she keeps a low profile. That is how older NBA players wives use to be, different times. Every wife wants to be famous for doing nothing now.

You wasn't with him in the gym, but now you want to be a realtor or do brunch with other wives.
She's a part of Lebron's overall image, there's no way she'd be out here wylin' out in the open.
Agreed she knows what it is. It isn't just LeBron's image it is our image as a family. Most wives today don't get that or aren't mature enough to understand that. I'm looking at Wiggins wife and the "allegations."

It would be an incredibly difficult matchup because the Lakers would expect Anthony Davis to guard Joker one-on-one for 40 minutes without getting a foul trouble, dominating the paint and altering shots while also providing 20+ pts on offense.

In 2020 the Lakers were able to bother Joker with other bigs, not sure if they have that luxury this time
Agreed. Dwight really was a big factor for them in the bubble. Was able to give them 20 productive minutes a night and eat fouls.

They don’t have anyone close to that on the roster now. Vando/Rui/Gabriel/whoever are all too small and will be food. Tristan and Bamba both suck and shouldn’t see the floor at all. Sending hard doubles at one of the greatest passers ever sounds like asking for trouble too.

AD has had things really easy with his matchups thus far and has been able to float, which has allowed him to be an absolute terror defensively. Not going to be able to do that with Joker.

Really interested to see how things play out. Lakers also have things they can exploit.

Back
Top Bottom