The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Aaron Gordon is gonna have to have a huge series on offense and defense. He is a great cutter off Jokic but if I’m the Lakers I try to force him into jumpers
Can’t see it from AG. At this point in his career, he’s just eh.

And with how things have been trending, I don’t expect the 3 ball to go so well for Denver against us.

1684249928931.png

Last edited:
Skipping ahead a bit here, but do you think the media would award AD finals mvp over bron?
Ya probably. So far, this has been the passing of the torch that was so widely expected from Bron to AD. It "helps" that Bron has to pick his spots with his bum foot.

Can’t see it from AG. At this point in his career, he’s just eh.

And with how things have been trending, I don’t expect the 3 ball to go so well for Denver against us.
This has been the best season of his career :lol:

He’s really good in his role.

Denver is not going to let jokic guard AD one on one
I like the lakers catch and shoot numbers in these playoffs.
Going to be an interesting series

Lakers might be better off with single coverage on Jokic, almost daring him to score 40+ every night
This is the approach I'd lean towards. It helps the Nuggets aren't a high volume three point shooting team too.

Praying the Spurs win it so antidope antidope can go back to rooting for them. I can see him and the Wemby avi now.
Silver needs to go full Stern and rig the lottery so the Spurs don’t get Wemby. After they have ruined the full faith of purchasing tickets in advance in the NBA and across sports whole, with their load management foolishness. They can continue to wallow in anonymity.

If Murray and MPJ play well consistently then the Nuggets have an excellent shot to win. I wonder how many times most folks have actually watched this team play because some of the takes are from 2020 or late season stuff when playoff positioning was already secured? Being in a smaller market with low-key guys will do it. AG almost won game 1 against the Suns in the first half with the three ball that he can consistently hit if left opened. It seems like most people focus in on Jokic and slowing down his scoring (which is important) but anyone that has consistently watched the Nuggets know that it starts and ends with Murray. If Murray is making the right reads on offense and not jacking up shots just to jack up shots then the Nuggets win more games than not. The big advantage the Nuggets have is that the overwhelming focus teams have to put on Jokic makes it easier for other guys to get better shots in rhythm which usually translates into guys playing consistently well in home and away scenarios. Jokic doesn't want to score more than 25 points in a game and is at his best when he's facilitating. The Nuggets are at their best when that ball is moving and everyone gets involved. Give Monty credit because he wanted to see if Jokic could score and felt like turning him into a scorer would limit his playmaking which it did in games 3 and 4. I'm not super worried about teams spamming the PnR because that's happened all year. It might not look like it but Jokic is in really good shape and playing in the altitude has made it difficult for teams to wear him out. Mike Malone has made his starters log heavy minutes all year so at altitude Jokic is probably in the best shape that he's ever been. Look at how many times he's beating his man down the court. The Nuggets struggle against the 3 so if the Lakers hit a bunch they will win but that's not their strength. Interested to see how Lebron looks in the games in Denver and if he resorts to jump shots as fatigue sets in.

IMG_2872.png

Interesting split. MoMo and McMenamins votes are also biased and worthless. The basketball intelligentsia loves the Nuggets in this series

After their Warriors takes...we ain't eem supposed to be here. Show in 6.

Silver needs to go full Stern and rig the lottery so the Spurs don’t get Wemby. After they have ruined the full faith of purchasing tickets in advance in the NBA and across sports whole, with their load management foolishness. They can continue to wallow in anonymity.
Yup. Human beings need to be puppets for your amusement.

Lakers might be better off with single coverage on Jokic, almost daring him to score 40+ every night
It almost feels like it has to be AD manned up on Joker for most of the series, right?

A ton of their success in the first couple of rounds has been tied to AD being able to just roam around and dominate everything within 15 feet of him.

That feels like it's gonna have to change in this series.

This is the way. Force him to be a scorer, stay home on everyone else and put him in PnR every time down if they can. We should see much more Bron+AD, D'Lo+AD, Reaves+AD PnR this series.

It almost feels like it has to be AD manned up on Joker for most of the series, right?

A ton of their success in the first couple of rounds has been tied to AD being able to just roam around and dominate everything within 15 feet of him.

That feels like it's gonna have to change in this series.

Yeah. Lakers had a lot of success the first two rounds by designating certain opposing players to basically ignore on defense. Nuggets theoretically have the personnel to make that a much riskier strategy.

Back
Top Bottom