The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Lakers in

23675029-E909-4D80-B8DD-101AFE8AB84A.jpeg

Wiseman the only bum (saw that coming a mile away).

Kuminga is pretty good in a vacuum, just gotta be patient. Moody is solid, nothing special.

Don't think Bob Myers catches enough heat for just how poorly he's drafted the last 5 years

to be fair to him, a lot local media say that the wiseman pick was joe lacob’s decision.. but idk if that’s true.

there are definitely a lot of whiffs in his draft picks (evans and patrick mccaw come to mind) but besides wise, jk, and moody, he hasn’t had a lot of lottery picks to choose from. JK and Moody could turn out to be good picks in due time, along with JP if he gets it together next year.

Patrick Baldwin might be a solid rotation player, got that MPJ frame along with being a shooter. Just needs time to develop.

i think where myers has excelled is free agency and getting solid vets to come in during their championship years: livingston, barbosa, david west, otto, javale, speights all contributed. he also seems to have a really good relationship with dray, dray’s spoken at length about his respect for myers and his willingness to listen to him

Wiseman the only bum (saw that coming a mile away).

Kuminga is pretty good in a vacuum, just gotta be patient. Moody is solid, nothing special.
Maybe wagner over kuminga, but that was not a reach. Moody is a solid role guy and knows his role. Guys available were sengun and herb jones, but many teams missed on them.

I wouldn't give up on wiseman and call him a full bust. He barely played gms in college. He will have opportunity to play through mistakes and develop with detroit. Dubs just did not have the patience

Bigs with motor questions, not elite defensively nor have the ability to stretch the floor at a high level should never go top 3 in the draft. Not sure how Ayton, Bagley, Wiseman got drafted like that when these were the easy questions to ask

I understand with Wiseman — he didn’t have much of a collegiate season, but you could see it in HS :lol:

A lot of teams going to be heart broken tonight if they miss out on wemb and scoot. Who is the top guy next yr?

Back
Top Bottom