The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

When is all said and done with Jokic, do the Nuggets retire 15 just for Jokic or would it be a retired for both Melo and Jokic?

"This locker room never got over Ime Udoka's dismissal as head coach," said Adrian Wojnarowski on ESPN on Monday when trying to explain why the Celtics are on the brink of elimination. "These players did not accept the organization's reasoning for doing it. They thought it was a wild overreaction. There were a lot of the people on the outside thought it was an overreaction. That it was an HR matter.

"I think for this team and talking to the management, they never got any more answers than the public was getting on this. This doesn't mean they haven't accepted Joe Mazzulla as head coach, but this is a team that really believed in Ime Udoka and had a strong connection with him.

This is nonsense. This team had like the best net rating in NBA history the first 2 months of the season. They were doing historic stuff.

This is nonsense. This team had like the best net rating in NBA history the first 2 months of the season. They were doing historic stuff.
Even if it isn’t true- using the first two months of a regular season ain’t proving yay or nay lol

Could also argue it was a rallying moment to start the year similar to a team going on a run when their star player gets hurt

Which hypothetical?
Dude said he would take Jokic over AD as a #1 option tho…. But if your a team that already has a superstar caliber wing/ball handler Jokic impact is nowhere near as vital

And his flaws are enhanced

Jokers most valuable skill set is his passing ability & them running the offense through him, having any other “Superstar” player around him that is also high usage & needs the ball in his hands would hamper that.

But the Nuggets have wisely chose to build around his greatest strength & we have no way of seeing the results so it really doesn’t matter

MJ got swept, Kobe got swept 🤔

If only I could see what MJ looked like at 38 in the Conference Finals.

For what? What’s the point? The goal is not to play for 20 plus seasons tearing your body up missing your family. It’s to get in n get out being efficient while doing so. Playing Uber prolonged seasons just to break records doesn’t prove much as you can see.

I know it’s the hot thing to do right now but I’m not comfy seeing LeBron go out like this.

I do believe some of the retirement talk can be for the cameras; his cameras. Isn’t he doing a doc w/ the Last Dance format in mind?

Posturing maybe as well 🤷 but at this point he got no time to waste.

Back
Top Bottom