The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Trading our best player for this poo poo platter would have me at Jeanie's door.

Who are you talking about bruh :lol:

Is there any realistic trade for Westbrook? His only positive is his contract is expiring but it’s at a huge $ cost.

I think the fact that it is at a huge cost would be a significant benefit for any team looking to come off some longer term deals while simultaneously tanking.

Have to imagine it'd involve THJ and either McGee (if he can be traded?) or Powell.. which neither of those bigs can be counted on to defend the paint

Doesn't really make any sense at all because the Mavs don't need even the idealized version of Simmons

Looks like Mavs are at $166MM in total salary and in the luxury tax so it would have to be THJ/Powell ($~30mm) + ~5MM more to make the numbers work. That is way too much for Benjamin and what he provides IMO.

5BD45DA3-BBF1-4DBB-BEED-3809A783D999.jpeg

Dame
Simons
Little
Ad
Nurkic

TITLE

I don't think it is unreasonable for folks and fans to expect a former #1 pick who is making close to $200MM to be in the best possible shape not just for their their viewing pleasure but also the player's health/safety. No one wants to see superstars get hurt or not live up to their potential especially when it is due to something like weight (can't remember the last player of his caliber to deal with a weight issue).
Charles Barkley is a whole hall-of-famer that took his team to the Finals and lost to arguably the greatest team of all time... with a nickname Round Mound of Rebound.

That's one. Second, the jokes thrown his way went beyond accountability, lettuce be cereal.

-foe

The other obvious example is Shaq - not far off his peak he was being paid a lot and let himself go.

Shawn Kemp ballooned but that was way past his peak. Oliver Miller was a big guy and played with Barkley but he wasn’t exactly a superstar.

Anthony Bennett was drafted #1 and his career never even got started. Sean May, Jarred Sullinger, that one Kansas guard, El Amin, Eddy Curry, Rodney Rogers, just a few who i can think of who ate themselves out of the league

Back
Top Bottom