The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

nba went all in with the sports entertainment aspect. morning shows help drive the interest and chatter. league been better with the drama. without it, it would be just sports, which isn't as interesting. who wants to listen to X and Os when we can talk about nba storylines.

Charles Barkley is a whole hall-of-famer that took his team to the Finals and lost to arguably the greatest team of all time... with a nickname Round Mound of Rebound.

That's one. Second, the jokes thrown his way went beyond accountability, lettuce be cereal.

-foe
The other obvious example is Shaq - not far off his peak he was being paid a lot and let himself go.

Shawn Kemp ballooned but that was way past his peak. Oliver Miller was a big guy and played with Barkley but he wasn’t exactly a superstar.

Fair points and examples. I forgot about Chuck but was thinking about Shaq. I will say though, I think Zion injury concern is real considering how he plays and that he only played 85 games in his first three seasons. I am sure jokes were gotten off, as is the norm in this day and age, but I think a lot of people genuinely believed he need to get his weight down to stay on the court. It seems like he did exactly that and is healthy so it is kind of a moot point but in retrospect I could see how his feelings were hurt at the time.

Jalen Green young 💫
That’s a nice win, we need those every once in a while. Tari needs more minutes. KPJ was good minus the TO’s and Sengun looked better defensively in the 2nd half. KJ Martin was right to want more minutes as well. Glad Jabari wasn’t able to spoil the night

Zion eating Myles lunch

aW5nLmpwZw

Who tf is Gabe Vincent and why is he abusing the Blazers like he is? Can't watch, genuinely asking.

OKC needed this win in Detroit. Its their most winnable game for a while. Marc DaggNalt continuing to be weird with rotations, benches Giddey in the 4th for like the 3rd straight game, went to 2 rookies in crunch time in JDubb and Dieng, idgi. I know the fit isn’t perfect with sga and giddey but they can be on the court together

Dusted Muscula off and he cooked #nextmanup but still I’d like to see some sort of consistency in the lineups

And Dort does anything, blows layups, commits crucial late fouls, and he never gets pulled. Out there playing like when you get one of the football players to come run with you to make 10 for a full court. That call they overturned on Cunningham giving Detroit the ball back was a bad call tho

Back
Top Bottom