The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

2 mins.jpg

*fixed*

They still have a top 10 pick this year and talent to trade away if they feel like doing so.

Instead of at the bottom they’re somehow treading water during this rebuild.

Wemby woulda been a waste there anyhow.

RJ carving out a longer career than two 🤡

I want Miami again with a yr older 💫J in a bigger more efficient role.

Last edited:
On brand. His weirdo brand stronger than weirdo Jimmy's

This shtick is getting so corny already

If you think all the stuff Jokic says in interviews is because he’s a weirdo, that it is a schtick or that he is in the same class as Butler with his remarks then you probably haven’t been paying attention to him for too long.

Man I didn't even keep my diploma gave it to my parents I didn't give a damn about that thing. The thing I'm the most proud of career wise is still in the box that it came in.

Not everything means the same to everyone. It really is JUST basketball at the end of the day.

If you think all the stuff Jokic says in interviews is because he’s a weirdo, that it is a schtick or that he is in the same class as Butler with his remarks then you probably haven’t been paying attention to him for too long.

I have paid attention to Jokic and that's why I said it's getting corny. I wouldn't feel that way after a few weeks. He always says idc about MVP idc about this idc about that but he obviously cares. This guy isn't putting in the time to hone his skills bc he doesn't care so he needs to give that **** up.

Jokic obviously cares about the game. You don't get to the level he's at without a rare passion & work ethic. I think his 'not caring' is more about not playing for the awards. He doesn't play for the accolades that come with being a great player.

Also as a foreign player, he's away from home for most of the year. I wouldn't expect an American player playing overseas to stay there longer than they have to.

Jokic obviously cares about the game. You don't get to the level he's at without a rare passion & work ethic. I think his 'not caring' is more about not playing for the awards. He doesn't play for the accolades that come with being a great player.

Also as a foreign player, he's away from home for most of the year. I wouldn't expect an American player playing overseas to stay there longer than they have to.

THIS. It's not like Jokic is going out of his way to say that he doesn't care. The members of the media are constantly asking him questions about accolades which he has consistently stated he is not concerned with. Don't blame Jokic - blame the media. They are all waiting for him to say something provoking but he's just not that type of person. Tell them to step their inquiry game up.

We have this weird obsession with talk vs walk in the US.

Joker walks the walk. He plays the game. Puts in the effort. He understands life is a prize is in the process.

He doesn’t talk about it. There’s absolutely no reason to be interviewing players etc etc. If they want to say something they have plenty of ways to make their own statement nowadays.

You want to know how i know he loves the game. Watch him after he makes a great pass and a teammate scores. His little self satisfied smug smirk is all that needs to be seen.

We have this weird obsession with talk vs walk in the US.

Joker walks the walk. He plays the game. Puts in the effort. He understands life is a prize is in the process.

He doesn’t talk about it. There’s absolutely no reason to be interviewing players etc etc. If they want to say something they have plenty of ways to make their own statement nowadays.

You want to know how i know he loves the game. Watch him after he makes a great pass and a teammate scores. His little self satisfied smug smirk is all that needs to be seen.
In that span where they went small in game 4 and won, he was up cheering his teammates on. He cares

Also doesn’t help he’s the least American superstar ever.

And Curry is way too high on that list.

But I’m so done with talking about Curry or LeBron James. I don’t have the energy.

Tatum had the luxury of having some real solid players around him for a while now.

Outside of Brunson, Lukas supporting cast has been pretty bad

I feel like he’s working in June because these international games are important to him.

He’s been in the league for 5 years? I’ll give him a pass. He didn’t lose to a team he was suppose to beat yet.

I feel like he’s working in June because these international games are important to him.

He’s been in the league for 5 years? I’ll give him a pass. He didn’t lose to a team he was suppose to beat yet.

Could have sworn they already qualified for the Olympics.

Mavs lost to the depleted tanking hornets twice when it mattered.

Missing the playoffs is definitely a blemish, but the call was made by Cuban.

If they have a poor season again, especially with Kyrie there full time, sure he deserves the slander. Can’t have back to back disappointing seasons and be labeled a superstar.

Back
Top Bottom