The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

I like the 2 year contracts. Rockets get their needed vets to help the young guys take the next step, and the vets get a nice payday that doesn’t sink the franchise long term.
Makes too much sense for it to actually have happened

Teams usually too scared to do this

If I’m the Lakers I’d put Brook over Bruce with the exception but I think they have a hand shake deal with Bruce already.

So the Lakers have enough to retain Rui and the Taxidermist. Bamba. AND Bruce Brown?

That’s pretty impressive. Not going lie.

I can see why you’d want Brook tho. Need someone to go up against Jokic.

So the Lakers have enough to retain Rui and the Taxidermist. Bamba. AND Bruce Brown?

They don’t have a handshake deal. Why the he’ll would he take 12 from lakers when there is 15 at least from a handful of teams.

In theory they have enough for those guys IF they take pay cuts. It’s the most ideal way to look at it. It won’t happen like that. Too many huge cap space teams (spurs rockets etc etc) to mess up the offers.

Mo Bamba getting waived, Beasley option declined. Want to retain Rui, but possible to get out-bid. TPMLE main thing Lakers got similar to most teams, and they'd use it on Bruce brown

Mo Bamba getting waived, Beasley option declined. Want to retain Rui, but possible to get out-bid. TPMLE main thing Lakers got similar to most teams, and they'd use it on Bruce brown

Wait so the Lakers aren’t going to have a BIG?

Thought you guys were trying to restructure with Bamba?

Harden on the Clippers isn’t all bad. He can win regular season games for them when Kawhi and PG are out so they can be fresh for the playoffs when he generally goes ghost. Win win
Kawhi ends up load managing during the regular season just to also load manage in the playoffs. Harden would end up being in the same position in the last 2-3 years, just being even older and less impactful.

Wait so the Lakers aren’t going to have a BIG?

Thought you guys were trying to restructure with Bamba?
Don't tell Brosizzle..

Will run AD at the 5. Vando will have to back him up when he gets injured. Will likely search the bargain bin for veteran minimum Centers, or even pick bamba back up off waivers.

before the chaos of free agency officially starts, i imagine this is Dray's dream summer scenario

Screen Shot 2023-06-29 at 9.07.37 PM.png

I like the 2 year contracts. Rockets get their needed vets to help the young guys take the next step, and the vets get a nice payday that doesn’t sink the franchise long term.
Though I never thought it was happening anyway (especially with how the draft went), I’m glad they’re not going nostalgia mode and bringing back Harden and handing him the keys as he’s older and more injury prone than he’s ever been.

Also don’t see BOTH FVV and Brooks here. Would rather either one + Lopez, but the Bucks HAVE to bring him and Middleton back right ??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom