The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

I did not think about this…if they held him hostage and he rode it out (without being traded or granted the opportunity to play overseas) would he be in the books for the same $35.6MM for 24-25?

Yup. And for the foreseeable future until he plays or the team let’s him go

Hiring Doc was the wrong move. A better coach imo woulda got you guys further. Harden won yall a few important games, but in the end Embiid needs to play better. He really doesn’t get as much blame as others in his position would.

Morey might be next to go though before any rebuild

Hiring coach BEFORE THE GM was stupid, ownership is stouf and that’s the biggest issue.

And honestly, I don’t see Morey being fired as it will be Embiids sixth (!) GM in his tenure in Philly. I don’t think thats been done before.

Not sure what more Doc could have done. They were in the first half. The guy whose trainer was cooking up defensive slander videos was getting picked on. I guess you can say find a way to get the ball out of Tatum’s hands

There’s A LOT that Doc could have done but honestly there’s no energy to talk about it, he’s gone and good riddance.

Again, I just realize him for what he is. He’s clearly not #1 material on a serious contender. Folks seem to think differently for some reason though. Some strongly.

Calling Tatum better than him obviously struck a nerve with you that you felt need to comment, so I assume you fall in that latter category.

If he’s in his rightful spot as a 2nd fiddle behind someone like Tatum, there likely wouldn’t be anything to say.

To be fair, you brought up that comparison out of no where. Not sure what point you’re trying to prove.

Everyone here agrees that Embiid isn’t a #1 when it comes to playoff success.

Screen Shot 2023-08-16 at 7.35.18 PM.png

If it means I never have to see RJ again, I'll do it.

Back
Top Bottom