The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

My hot take is that Malcolm Brogdon is a lot less enjoyable to be around than everyone makes him out to be. Don't ask me why or how I came to this conclusion.
Didn’t someone post an article here or a tweet saying coaches took offense to how he asked so many questions

Idk about teammates but there was a lil blurb about his relationship with a lot of coaches getting rubbed the wrong way

Isn’t that a good thing lol rather a ***** ask questions instead of being aloof
“Sometimes really intelligent guys struggle with parts of the NBA because they tend to ask questions,” he said. “And with coaching, even in the NBA, there’s a certain autocratic element. Malcolm’s the type of dude who’s exceedingly bright and inquisitive, and sometimes that rubs coaches the wrong way. You’d think we’d be beyond that, but we’re not — I should say some are not. The interesting thing is I’ve never heard teammates complain about him.

“He ain’t the first guy who has been sort of mischaracterized because he stands out. He wants to understand things, so he asks questions, and some coaches aren’t used to that or don’t appreciate where that’s coming from. A lot of coaches will take inquiries as implied criticism, so it’s not like players are the only ones who are sensitive, if you get my drift.”

The source added, “The line between inquiry and challenge is a very thin line. For me, the more questions that were asked, the better. I wanted my players to feel empowered, and it also meant that guys were actually trying to understand. But not every coach looks at it that way.

“And, you know, there’s another guy in Boston that’s like that, Jaylen Brown — an exceedingly bright young man. When you just say s*** and it doesn’t click with him, he’s not the type to sit there and say, ‘Cool.’ There’s a lot of guys in the league who will say, ‘Cool,’ to most anything. As long as they get their paycheck and you’re not f***ing with their playing time, they’re cool with most anything. But guys who go to schools like UVA and Cal and actually went to real classes, they’re used to learning. And the way you learn is by asking questions. The process of learning is interaction.”

“Sometimes really intelligent guys struggle with parts of the NBA because they tend to ask questions,” he said. “And with coaching, even in the NBA, there’s a certain autocratic element. Malcolm’s the type of dude who’s exceedingly bright and inquisitive, and sometimes that rubs coaches the wrong way. You’d think we’d be beyond that, but we’re not — I should say some are not. The interesting thing is I’ve never heard teammates complain about him.

“He ain’t the first guy who has been sort of mischaracterized because he stands out. He wants to understand things, so he asks questions, and some coaches aren’t used to that or don’t appreciate where that’s coming from. A lot of coaches will take inquiries as implied criticism, so it’s not like players are the only ones who are sensitive, if you get my drift.”

The source added, “The line between inquiry and challenge is a very thin line. For me, the more questions that were asked, the better. I wanted my players to feel empowered, and it also meant that guys were actually trying to understand. But not every coach looks at it that way.

“And, you know, there’s another guy in Boston that’s like that, Jaylen Brown — an exceedingly bright young man. When you just say s*** and it doesn’t click with him, he’s not the type to sit there and say, ‘Cool.’ There’s a lot of guys in the league who will say, ‘Cool,’ to most anything. As long as they get their paycheck and you’re not f***ing with their playing time, they’re cool with most anything. But guys who go to schools like UVA and Cal and actually went to real classes, they’re used to learning. And the way you learn is by asking questions. The process of learning is interaction.”
TL-DR

Brogdon and Brown are smarter than the coaches lol

IMG_0109.jpeg

The funny thing is he can only no-show for 30 days. The Sixers will/can forgo his free agency after this season. :lol:

"A player who withholds playing services called for by a Player Contract for more than thirty (30) days after the start of the last Season covered by his Player Contract shall be deemed not to have “complet[ed] his Player Contract by rendering the playing services called for thereunder.” Accordingly, such a player shall not be a Veteran Free Agent and shall not be entitled to negotiate or sign a Player Contract with any other professional basketball team unless and until the Team for which the player last played expressly agrees otherwise."

Jim still thinks he’s a top 10-15ish player. Morey is asking for that value in return. No one believes he’s that still and refuses to give up that value

Jim you ain’t him anymore

Jim still thinks he’s a top 10-15ish player. Morey is asking for that value in return. No one believes he’s that still and refuses to give up that value

Jim you ain’t him anymore
So they’re just a couple of idiots stuck together, huh

Back
Top Bottom