The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

yah but that's like hindsight

at the time they gave up basically everything realistically tradeable for a dude with 1 year left on his deal I think
who said he only wanted to go to LA?

yah I think most GMs could do better.
Nah, even without hindsight, I thought the deal was more than fair considering AD was 26 years old and the Lakers couldn't waste another Bron year. And frankly the young players weren't THAT great. Lakers gave up #4 pick (who the Pels turned into Jaxson Hayes and NAW), the pick that became Dyson Daniels and one more future pick TBD. Am I supposed to lose sleep over that?

Nah, even without hindsight, I thought the deal was more than fair considering AD was 26 years old and the Lakers couldn't waste another Bron year. And frankly the young players weren't THAT great. Lakers gave up #4 pick (who the Pels turned into Jaxson Hayes and NAW), the pick that became Dyson Daniels and one more future pick TBD.

I don't think you should have gotten "fair deal" with the leverage the Lakers had.
a guy only wants to go to the Lakers, and has a year left on his deal, I think you can do better.

Nah, even without hindsight, I thought the deal was more than fair considering AD was 26 years old and the Lakers couldn't waste another Bron year. And frankly the young players weren't THAT great. Lakers gave up #4 pick (who the Pels turned into Jaxson Hayes and NAW), the pick that became Dyson Daniels and one more future pick TBD. Am I supposed to lose sleep over that?

Lakers won a ring with AD. There's really no discussion here.

Dont think a replacement level gm would have the foresight to make this move. LeBron knew he was robbing New Orleans when most gms would think it’s too much.

That’s how you end up like miami missing out on Dame because you thought dame only wanted to go to Miami,

Dame has 10 million years left on his deal. Blazers had way more leverage.

I was going to ask what the picks turned into. Knew it couldn’t be anything too special or else I’d remember.

A good example why it actually takes years to really assess who “won” a blockbuster trade.

Put whatever label you want on it, but there’s definitely a mental component to what Fultz’s has gone through. Lots of guys get hurt and it doesn’t cause them to look like a completely different player from prior to the injury.

Yup, I tore my miniscus two years ago and now I always think twice before driving in for a layup. I can just imagine that will be 100x amplified in a professional setting.

I was going to ask what the picks turned into. Knew it couldn’t be anything too special or else I’d remember.

A good example why it actually takes years to really assess who “won” a blockbuster trade.

i don't think you can just analyze the outcome, the process also matters.

if I trade a bench player for 4 first round picks,
and then I whiff on all 4 picks, does it mean that the trade was bad?

id say no. its good value to get 4 first round picks for a bench player regardless of the outcome,
because the outcome is uncertain.

Yup, I tore my miniscus two years ago and now I always think twice before driving in for a layup. I can just imagine that will be 100x amplified in a professional setting.

I broke my right ankle going into high school and it made me basically only jump off my left leg permanently unless I was driving to the left

guangdong tigers | Mitek.jpg | Flickr

I think it's pretty different given the Kltuch element.

They tried to give up less the trade deadline before that summer and Klutch tried to force the trade earlier. It takes 2 teams to make a deal and to ignore the fact that not only do teams actively not try and make the Lakers better, they also go out of their ways to not make deals to improve their own squads because of that fact (ie Lakers tax). We did fine and got a chip out of it.

Back
Top Bottom