The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

What in the world?

That first clip, still with the hitch and yips. Then he won’t show himself shooting, and still obviously struggling with it. The weirdest **** ever man

Still wonder what happened that Philly n his folks kept his injury/shooting issues completely under wraps…That’s super rare in these days of leaks n “sources”, would be an interesting lil doc for hoop fans once he retires

Bron made some moves and won but also made that Westbrook move which was a total disaster, then tried to act like he was hands off on the whole thing which wasn’t a good look :lol: :smh: …You can say both things bout GM Bron

A replacement level gm would see the wisdom of having Lebron, AD Bosh Wade on their team.
They took the early opt out on their extension, unlike Melo who opted for the longest contract & largest guarantee possible.

Melo did what most superstars up to that point had done. There was several years of planning that went into what Bron & them decided to do.

The foresight required there & the precedent it set rises above a replacement level decision

They took the early opt out on their extension, unlike Melo who opted for the longest contract & largest guarantee possible.

Melo did what most superstars up to that point had done. There was several years of planning that went into what Bron & them decided to do.

The foresight required there & the precedent it set rises above a replacement level decision

yah i think are dramatically overstating the prescience of that. it wasn't quantum physics.
In fact in my memory I think most people thought Melo was dumb for that when he signed it.

also those aren't GM decisions, those are player decisions.

The GM decision would be do you want Lebron, Wade and Bosh/Melo on your team?
a replacement level GM says yes.

Some of the moves made in Cleveland during both of LeBron’s stints were questionable, but I’m not sure how much responsibility is on Bron for those and how much of a difference they ultimately made to the team’s championship chances anyway.

Some of the moves made in Cleveland during both of LeBron’s stints were questionable, but I’m not sure how much responsibility is on Bron for those and how much of a difference they ultimately made to the team’s championship chances anyway.

I think the really good Lebron GM moves that usually get attributed to him.

JR Smith acquisition in Cleaveland
and the Klutch connection getting KCP
getting Ty Lue as Head coach

imo those are the strongest above replacement level moves.

I think the really good Lebron GM moves that usually get attributed to him.

JR Smith acquisition in Cleaveland
and the Klutch connection getting KCP
getting Ty Lue as Head coach

imo those are the strongest above replacement level moves.
Rondo was terrible for 85% of his time with the Lakers, but I don't think they win without him in 2020. Needed his playmaking to ease Bron's workload.

Rondo was terrible for 85% of his time with the Lakers, but I don't think they win without him in 2020. Needed his playmaking to ease Bron's workload.

Ill give him that one also. given rondos reputation, I think it was a move other GM's might not have made.

but im sorry I can't put things like "give up everything for AD" as a + replacement level move.
In fact id argue, they gave up way more than was necessary

and even replacement level GM would have gotten AD and given up less assets.

Ill give him that one also. given rondos reputation, I think it was a move other GM's might not have made.

but im sorry I can't put things like "give up everything for AD" as a + replacement level move.
In fact id argue, they gave up way more than was necessary

As a Laker fan, I would argue the team didn't give up enough for AD. :lol: But I guess you have to factor in his injuries to the equation.

Otherwise, all the Pelicans have to show for it is Ingram putting up stats, overpaying McCollum (Josh Hart), Dyson Daniels and one more pick

They (bontemps) were talking about limiting his minutes since he’s older. Him, horford and porzingis
Interesting. I wonder what that looks like in actuality.

Not much left on that bench after they significantly upgraded their top 5.

Pritchard is long overdue for an expanded role, those other guys I’d only give a handful of mins

1696877747922.gif

Interesting. I wonder what that looks like in actuality.

Not much left on that bench after they significantly upgraded their top 5.
His main angle was that management and coaching made it a point (pun intended) to give Derrick white the keys to the offense

I mean either way I’m assuming jrue is going finish games so it’s moot

Pritchard should saddle minutes though honestly to save jrue some wear and tear

As a Laker fan, I would argue the team didn't give up enough for AD. :lol: But I guess you have to factor in his injuries to the equation.

Otherwise, all the Pelicans have to show for it is Ingram putting up stats, overpaying McCollum (Josh Hart), Dyson Daniels and one more pick

yah but that's like hindsight

at the time they gave up basically everything realistically tradeable for a dude with 1 year left on his deal I think
who said he only wanted to go to LA?

yah I think most GMs could do better.

at the time they gave up basically everything realistically tradeable for a dude with 1 year left on his deal I think

most GMS arent GMS for the lakers

lakers tax is real out here
that is until until the robbery pelinka era

rob pelinka meme|TikTok Search

Dont think a replacement level gm would have the foresight to make this move. LeBron knew he was robbing New Orleans when most gms would think it’s too much.

That’s how you end up like miami missing out on Dame because you thought dame only wanted to go to Miami,

Back
Top Bottom