The Official NBA Season Thread: Las Vegas Summer League

Bojan ain’t part of long term plans in Detroit. They should be picking up the phone regardless
I'm asking what Dallas has to make Detroit pick up the phone to begin with

Then my second question is how will Dallas afford to keep him + deal with his aging

Some sort of Wiseman and FRP trade for Poetl seems interesting? Not sure if they money works. But he seems like a player who both fits the Spurs timeline and has a chance to thrive there based on their development history.
Just curious. Which development history do you mean?

That the Spurs have been a good developmental organization overall the last 20 years? I get that they’re in a rough patch.
That's what I mean. It's been a rough patch for a minute now. The guys that drafted and helped develop Kawhi are long gone

Screenshot_20221207_140119_Chrome.jpg

Would need Mavs fans to confirm but I think Wood for Boban Marjanović, Trey Burke, Marquese Chriss, Sterling Brown, and the draft rights to Wendell Moore Jr. (26th pick) was worth it. Unless Bojan is planning on reupping, THJr on a longer contract that still fits within their window + the pick could make sense. I’m just trying to avoid Luka going down the first Bron Cavs route :lol:
Agree with Vincent Van Goat Vincent Van Goat here ...

Wood move was - unquestionably - worth the risk and I think the Mavs are better for it.

But I'm not trading a 1st and Tim to get Bojan.

Keep your picks. Use them when something that actually matters pops up. Continue developing Josh Green - who has made some real, tangible strides this year - and get Jaden Hardy minutes. You've got easy salary fillers everywhere. Need one of those young guys to provide some value to a package.

I would hate for Vic to go to San Antonio just to end up in the exact same predicament Luka is in right now :lol:

I don’t understand having Vassell over Haliburton on your big board.

Primo was a 2nd rounder until the combine, then he was mocked late teens at the very best but mostly bottom of the first. They take him in the lottery? :lol:

So let me get this straight, because this is rather funny to me….

All of a sudden the Knicks know what they’re doing now?

The Knicks are making top tier decisions now? Huh?

The Knicks are now a model of excellency? Huh?

Let’s ALL trust the Knicks. :lol:

Thibs was never playing Cam. This isn’t surprising. Thibs fumbled into having to play Cam this year because he didn’t have a choice. And now he’s back to not playing Cam again.

So I hope Cam is freed where he can go be a decent role player or 6th man in a well run organization…

A team that actually knows what they’re doing - Because we don’t.
Cam is such a disappointing player. He had the green light with our second team and despite being streaky at times , was way too inconsistent to rely on. Defense was subpar as well despite being a 6’7 2 guard. I know Jalen Johnson is a little taller but he looks better in year 2 than cam did on limited minutes. Wish we could get Gallo back for one more year, it wasn’t always pretty but he hit a lot of clutch shots.

Kyle Anderson/Dejounte Murray/Derrick White/Keldon Johnson are all really good rotation players picked at 29/30. Murray an all-star even.

Hitting on those guys is what made them a fringe playoff team for so long despite not having any high lotto guys.

Last edited:
Some of y’all kept drinking that reddish kool aid too

this is a wholesale front office and coaching failure.
shuffling around lineups, shunning players, dropping them from play altogether on a whim etc just to desperately win one game to save your job ain't doing anyone favors
knicks got players multiple yrs in who are still struggling and playing like rookies. all bad

Kyle Anderson/Dejounte Murray/Derrick White/Keldon Johnson are all really good rotation players picked at 29/30. Murray an all-star even.

Hitting on those guys is what made them a fringe playoff team for so long despite not having any high lotto guys.
Yea, not sure how they don’t get credit for developing those guys especially where they were drafted. They just haven’t been bad enough for the most part to get an elite guy, unless it’s someone who other teams missed on in the late lotto or teens too

Last edited:
Their track record gives me no reason to think they couldn’t put a solid team around Wemby if he’s indeed a generational prospect.

Randle needs to go. He peaked in in whatever year that was he went crazy and it’s been downhill ever since. New York City borderline hates dude these days. Knicks aren’t even that far way they just need a new coach and a bonafied bucket getter. D. Mitch or Brad Beal would have breathed new life into that team. RJ is a robin, Knicks need a Batman.

We sure it was them and not vets like LMA Gasol Derozan Gay? Kawhi was still there when they drafted Dejounte. The big 3 was still there when they drafted Anderson. They were moving like they wanted to be a fringe playoff team. Those young guys without the vets would look exactly how they do this season

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom