The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal / WBD sues the league

So, when's Dwight's jersey retirement?

8 seasons (double Shaq's)
6 All-Stars
3x DPOY (only 3-time consecutive winner, although others do have 3 or 4)
MVP finishes: 5, 4, 4, 2 (the controversial Derrick Rose year), 7
1 Finals appearance (went through Boston and Cleveland to get there)
Durability: missed only 7 games out of seven 82-game seasons

How many years you gotta be retired to be eligible??

Dwight got the LGBTQ card in his back pocket if they try and do him dirty though.
i dont think DH has even officially retired

"Armed with the encouragement of Warriors star Draymond Green, Golden State owner Joe Lacob reached out to Lakers owner Jeanie Buss to inquire whether James' apparent public frustration could be interpreted as an opening to discuss a trade, sources said"

Joe Lacob wasnt tryna get choked out

:rofl:
Need an updated version of this with Steph
D8_nMGNUYAAOlEr.jpg

Can’t imagine the team didn’t try to trade both guys before the deadline. Must not have been much of a market for either.

Some bad juju around the Clippers right now. These two disgruntled dudes; PG seems peeved that his extension isn’t done yet. Kawhi a bit banged up. :frown:

I like this Juju Watkins chick. She has that silent killer instinct quality about her. Very confident and nice looking game.

Facts. All the attention is on Caitlin (which makes sense) but juju been doing her thing.

But it's SC hoops. UCLA hoops gets the shine because they have been great but SC has been great this year.

I hope they make a deep run so Juju can get national shine.

Embiid has improved as a passer to help springer. Again. I’m not say he needs to start or even play more than 16 minutes. But he’s a high level defender. In 19-20 y’all were playing thybulle and Ben together. Completely different situation with better depth this season. You already know what his defense looks like X xxpizzo but for everyone else

I agree that the Springer trade made 0 sense to me. We got Lowry and Heild without giving up anything of value. I don't get the point of trading Springer (especially to Boston) even if his minutes will be limited.

Don't know much about Springer but some of his tape reminds me of a young Avery Bradley (who also couldn't shoot for **** early in his career).

Yup. If he can get a reliable 3 pt shot, that's who I see him being.

so how about the 22 playoffs when sixers didnt have ben simmons and it was Thybulle with harden at PG - was a 4v5 on offense

i like springer but ima say it again he is and would be USELESS in the playoffs

he does not fit with the current time frame

Morey says the Springer trade was simple calculus for them — they believed during the next 1-2 years that a pick would be more helpful (potentially in a trade, for example) to their chances to win than Springer would be. They believed he's on a longer development timeframe

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom