The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal / WBD sues the league

Trae and AD are a perfect match. Rich Paul will have to work his magic to have him 'force' his way here though.

Not that complicated when the West is absolutely stacked at guard rn :lol:

They've got an AS caliber no.2 but he usually misses a bunch of games during the season so he's rarely in the conversation with the other 2 guards in the conference.

That changes come playoff time though...

Reaves and cornerstone

Basketball media likes to discount the lakers assets but I’m not seeing how Rui, reaves, Christie/jhs and 3 unprotected picks gets beat. That’s 2 starters, a young player or 2 and 3 unprotected laker picks.

The spurs don’t have amazing young talent either. I like Vassell (and even Branham), but no way you can tell me keldon Johnson and sochan have more value than ar/Rui.

I’d take ar at his contract over Vassell ALL day.

The magic have a much better combination of young players and picks they could package. Jaylen Suggs or Franz would be a haul if they could get it.

Basketball media likes to discount the lakers assets but I’m not seeing how Rui, reaves, Christie/jhs and 3 unprotected picks gets beat. That’s 2 starters, a young player or 2 and 3 unprotected laker picks.

The spurs don’t have amazing young talent either. I like Vassell (and even Branham), but no way you can tell me keldon Johnson and sochan have more value than ar/Rui.

I’d take ar at his contract over Vassell ALL day.

The magic have a much better combination of young players and picks they could package. Jaylen Suggs or Franz would be a haul if they could get it.
Spurs picks they have are definitely more appealing.

Keldon Johnson probably isn’t worth much less if any than Reaves. He’s a couple years younger too.

Sochan is like 6 years younger than Cornerstone.

I didn’t realize Trae has an eto for 26-27 season.
That means he basically only has 2 years left on his deal.

Spurs picks they have are definitely more appealing.

Keldon Johnson probably isn’t worth much less if any than Reaves. He’s a couple years younger too.

Sochan is like 6 years younger than Cornerstone.

I don’t think Rui’s value is too high either.
Salaries for comparison.

Vassell is 29M per
Keldon is at 18.5 per
Sochan is due for an extension and he’ll probably get 15M +

Rui is 17M per
AR is 14M per w/ a player option.

Imo AR is the best VALUE and it’s not close. They can flip ar for more than any of the players mentioned above.

I do think the spurs can offer a better package, but Trae only has 2 more years on his deal and can use the fact that he could bounce as leverage. Trae and his family been complaining about getting overlooked in Atlanta, that will never happen for the lakers. Spurs have wemby and will be a contender for years, but it’s still a small market compared to LA.

Gonna need a lot of receipts to be pulled when Trae plays with talent. Hes legit good and can run a team.
Plays with talent or asks him not to be the guy on a team? He just has limitations as the #1 guy on the team, not unlike most of the league minus a very small group of truly elite players. Nothing wrong with that.

Gonna need a lot of receipts to be pulled when Trae plays with talent. Hes legit good and can run a team.
Me and P C H been the leaders of the Trae young fan club :lol:

He has his flaws but he is criminally underrated

Capture.PNG

The Bucks are not serious. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom