The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal

I still have one of those Ts and they're hanging on for dear life. The wife hates when I wear it at home because it smells so musky...that's what you get with 15+ years of sweating in them. :lol:

I had the Chrome Spree to go along with it. I still vividly remember the shoebox

s-l1200.webp

$40 is OD.

This would never work. As someone who coaches middle school basketball, we don’t have just one team we coach. We coach two - an A and B team. That alone lasts from 4:30-7:30. There’s also not enough referees that could cover a Monday like that. I’m in the 3rd largest district in Texas and we’ve had a referee shortage the last two years.

And there isn’t anyone that would be at/trying to stay up for 9:30pm games consistently. There would be a huge drop in attendance/ratings.

If there were days dedicated to children... and days dedicated to professionals... logistically... there would be more manpower... for both... on both days.

Game times can change.

Professional games could start at 6:00 pm.
Food could be pre-ordered and delivered to seats upon pre-scheduled arrival.
Families who watch games at home could watch the early game while dinner is being cooked.
The prime time game could start at 8:00 pm.
Games would end at 10:00 pm.
Everyone in attendance and at home... who is a real fan... would have an opportunity to watch women's and mens professional basketball all evening.

I am a fan of kids game times staying the same.
More manpower would be available for kids games if changes were made... making the experience more efficient and enjoyable for everyone... due to intentional pre-scheduled no overlap seasons... with the local professional teams.

If there were days dedicated to children... and days dedicated to professionals... logistically... there would be more manpower... for both... on both days.

Game times can change.

Professional games could start at 6:00 pm.
Food could be pre-ordered and delivered to seats upon pre-scheduled arrival.
Families who watch games at home could watch the early game while dinner is being cooked.
The prime time game could start at 8:00 pm.
Games would end at 10:00 pm.
Everyone in attendance and at home... who is a real fan... would have an opportunity to watch women's and mens professional basketball all evening.

I am a fan of kids game times staying the same.
More manpower would be available for kids games if changes were made... making the experience more efficient and enjoyable for everyone... due to intentional pre-scheduled no overlap seasons... with the local professional teams.
It doesn’t work like that. There’s not enough manpower here in Houston in the 3rd biggest district that has many districts in and around it. The games middle/high school are spaced out accordingly to allow enough officials. Putting them the same day eliminates that.

Tatum wont be the face of the NBA simply because he's not good enough. You got to be levels above your competition for that. You have to have a certain feel for the game that Tatum has never had. Not at Duke, not as a Celtic. He's a great wing. Scores and defends. But he doesn't destroy defenses with his playmaking or rim pressure. He's not a freak athlete. And he's not the efficient sniper like KD. He's just a solid all around forward with a marketable face and team.

He plays like hes 5 in hes shorter than what he is, thats his problem. I think hes quite athletic, not a freak but with his body alone he should be dominating more.

I think when he tried to match the Amazon offer, it was the equivalent of fake hustle in a bball game. He probably just wants to take it to court so WBD can get a settlement to go away. :lol:
I doubt they get a settlement.

A lawsuit would be all for show

He gotta look like he fought for it because now he looks stupid

Asking people for $10 a month for the live sports add-on for Max seems like a much worse deal now

And he has to explain to Disney and Fox why he lost the NBA, which weakens the sports streaming bundle they are planning to launch

Cheap idiot

Back
Top Bottom