The Official NBA Season Thread: NBA announces new media deal

It’s the dunk contest, man. A made for TV, entertainment event. The rules have been tinkered with a bunch, including with use of truly dumb gimmicks like the “dunk wheel”. There’s no “integrity” with this thing :lol:

Letting a guy who’s only spent a little time in the NBA, but is actually a gifted contest dunker is not at all the worst thing that’s happened with this contest over the years.

Ideally only the great prospects get drafted, maybe 1-2 per year, but I feel like some NBA teams are gonna draft some dude ranked rivals top 10 thinking they’ll develop him.

When in reality hes not even good enough and would be a 4 year college player.

You cant just expect having every resource available to you will make a kid nba ready just because he’s skipping steps.

So yea some jobs will be taken, undeservingly so.

It's just sad to me to see that older players who already made their millions would use their influence to protect themselves rather than give young kids a chance. Lowering the draft age isn't gonna make GMs get rid of their entire roster for 18 years olds.

Ideally only the great prospects get drafted, maybe 1-2 per year, but I feel like some NBA teams are gonna draft some dude ranked rivals top 10 thinking they’ll develop him.

When in reality hes not even good enough and would be a 4 year college player.

You cant just expect having every resource available to you will make a kid nba ready just because he’s skipping steps.

So yea some jobs will be taken, undeservingly so.

With NIL deals, more dudes gone stay also. They should’ve been paying dudes. Paying them prevents early entrants.

It's just sad to me to see that older players who already made their millions would use their influence to protect themselves rather than give young kids a chance. Lowering the draft age isn't gonna make GMs get rid of their entire roster for 18 years olds.

What if drafting a kid that early who’s not ready at all mentally or skillfully actually leads him to failure?

Im all for it if it’s a KG, Kobe, Lebron, Tmac, etc talent.

But there was a reason at one point 2nd rounders were so valuable a few years back. Teams were thirsting for this for years.

With NIL deals, more dudes gone stay also. They should’ve been paying dudes. Paying them prevents early entrants.

I was just gonna say...the game has changed.

The 18 year old who's good enough to be considered for the draft in the first place....will likely have made himself some considerable money before he touches an NBA floor. The money Emoni Bates is making right now is probably close to what his rookie year salary will be (assuming he goes in the 2nd as he's projected).

Kinda re-shapes this whole argument for me. Add in Overtime Elite, G-Leauge Ignite, NBL Next Stars, etc....there are more than a few options for a high school senior (or younger) to develop for the NBA AND be compensated considerably for it.

Scoot Henderson is going to be the #2 pick in the draft in June. He was getting paid to be a professional athlete when he was supposed to be a junior in high school. That wasn't possible before.

Back
Top Bottom