The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Mavs shot 28% from 3 as a team. The strategy worked for 47 min as mentioned while Luka had to Superman to get the Mavs into OT to win it.

Knicks fans can cry themselves to sleep with every loss but we’re not the Lakers :lol:. Still have them boys pegged for 45 wins THIS szn. Then 48-50 the next with the young core intact.

Thibs has ~2.7 left on his contract & it’ll be better than the last 20 for these Knicks given his record. No rush to fire him as he’s almost close to that retirement age anyway. The culture has changed for the better. The next HC will have a good situation hopefully.

The Deuce/Grimes/Robinson trio is elite defense. Mitchell Robinson is elite.

One of these is not like the others
Yeah, Laker Nation is still participating in overt racism:
Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 1.13.40 PM.png

When everything is urgent

I disagree on both. If Dorian gets to FA he’s seeing 15-18 per and I think Jalen takes that deal after his father was never on a guaranteed contract.

A week before it hit the public someone told me Jalen was gone because they didn’t offer more than 23 and they were going to spin it as he just wanted to play for his dad and not the money.

This person works for the team so I get little upset when the narrative gets spun about Jalen was never coming back
I got homies on both sides of this - so I don't doubt they drew a line at $23m this past offseason and he said no. If the Mavs had over-extended and shot all their bullets there, he'd probably be here.

For whatever reason, right or wrong they decided not to. But if the money was close - and the Knicks created enough space for it to be, I do believe he probably wanted the role as much as a few extra bucks. The playing for dad thing is tertiary.

I feel totally confident based on what I know he wasn't ever signing 4/$55m under any circumstance.

Yeah, Laker Nation is still participating in overt racism:
Screenshot 2022-12-28 at 1.13.40 PM.png

This is pure speculation on my part but I don’t think Laker Nation perpetrated this act of vandalism. Racist or not, wanting to run your team’s best player out as a fan doesn’t seem too logical.

This is why you can’t compare the context in which Russ and Harden got their **** off.

Luka doing what he does is literally the best half court offense in the NBA with Spencer Dinwiddie as his #2 until a week ago

Yeah, other bad owners. It was over a decade ago. Then he mismanaged his franchise and they damn near disappeared from the NBA until they got Luka. He's not the worse owner but I ain't about to heap praise on your only chip from 2011.
I think you’re completely underestimating how difficult it is to win a title. Winning 1 title in 10 years is not something to be ashamed of in the least bit :lol:. I also don’t blame him for not running it back with that roster because it took a Bron epic choke for them to even win it.

I'm not sure I would have broken up the 2011 Mavs the way Cuban did, but it was impressive how Dirk, Carlise and Cuban kept the franchise competitive until the bottom fell out in 2017.

I remember when a large portion of the thread (and the basketball world in general) thought Kristaps Porzingis and Luka Doncic were going to run it after that trade was made.

That was the move made for the "2nd star" that I don't think anyone saw turning into....Spencer Dinwiddie a few years later. Beyond Jalen Brunson...that's where the real roadblock for the Mavericks begins.

For all the comparison to Lebron's first Cleveland tenure...I don't think they drafted or traded for a player of KP's (perceived) caliber. Cuban took the swing for the fences that was supposed to make the team a perennial contender. It just backfired horribly.
What was KPs problem with his role again? He wanted more plays & shots right?

Back
Top Bottom