The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

minnesota should offer them everything including the arena and just start over, im talking about send kat/edwards/gobert/russell and a few 1st rounders

or shai gilgeous,chet and all 25 1st round picks they have

So you’re saying there’s no upside to not offering an extension after the clipper series and then continually criticizing those criticizing the lack for foresight

Come on brother lol

After the “bad series” against the clips, they had him perfect to offer a team friendly deal, knowing they were stuck with an injured porzingis and no other bullets
I've said numerous times I don't believe Brunson was ever signing a "team friendly" deal - because I think he knew (and he was right) he'd probably be able to get a 4/50-60 at any point in time REGARDLESS of how the next 12-18 months had played out.

"Right where they want him" only really works if he has/had no leverage - and he did.

Should they have at least offered it? Sure. Do I think it would have mattered? No. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

Winning a championship doesn’t make you a good owner either
jeanie-buss-larry-obrien-trophy.jpg

miami heat send jimmy butler/bam/herro for doncic / thj and fillers........doncic in miami is averaging 40/12/12 on 50/40/90

oh and we play defense in miami too

I've said numerous times I don't believe Brunson was ever signing a "team friendly" deal - because I think he knew (and he was right) he'd probably be able to get a 4/50-60 at any point in time REGARDLESS of how the next 12-18 months had played out.

"Right where they want him" only really works if he has/had no leverage - and he did.

Should they have at least offered it? Sure. Do I think it would have mattered? No. The two aren't mutually exclusive.
It was clear they had no wiggle room nor flexibility to add much

Failing to even offer him an extension was a lack of foresight

Bring up the previous management, fair. Compounding the problem shouldn’t be excused

One day I wanna go back to see the reactions when the Knicks signed Brunson. Cuz I know Mavs fans were killing them :lol:

Making the WCF and letting your 2nd best player walk for nothing is just an awful decision any way you slice it.

A 3rd year 24 year old back up guard who put up 12/4 on 50/40 splits was worth 53/4 full stop.
100%

And it's worth it to just about everyone in the league. Which is why I don't believe he'd have been in any hurry to sign it. That deal was always going to be there for him somewhere in the league regardless of how long he waited.

DFS signed that deal because that deal was about the pinnacle of what Dorian's value was ever gonna be. I don't think Brunson's circle was ever gonna take a deal early that would've always been on the table.

Back
Top Bottom