The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Poole has been GS's #2 option on offense the past 2 seasons after Steph. Bones isn't getting the touches Poole was getting.
In year 3 he emerged. Still on his rookie deal. Look at it through the frame of last season. Yes he became the #2. The prior year he played 19 mpg. Did a stint in the G. Accepting your role isn’t just accepting how many shots you’re going to get.

Year 2 bones already rocking a higher usage than Poole has ever had until year 4 champion poole

It’s kind of ****** up of what they were saying about the coaches not caring about voting is true because it can really affect some dudes. This morning I heard them talking about the bonuses associated with some of the spots. It varies from player to player so for example Jrue only got $324K but Randle’s AS bonus was apparently $1.2MM :wow: Not sure how it’s determined but players definitely have a right to feel some type of way.

Also - how does it work if you get selected for the ASG but are replaced due to injury (ie Zion) in terms of credit? Like will his resume denote him as an AS this year since he was selected as a starter even though he was unavailable to play?

Why are normal NBA rosters 15 players but the All-Star rosters are still 12?
Next CBA gotta fix this. Peoples salaries are being affected by arbitrary nonsense that isn't even properly scaled.

My best guess is that it would take away too many minutes from the starters/stars but it’s a meaningless exhibition game so who really cares.

I am slowly coming around on the idea of them just doing fun competitions with financial incentives instead of what they have been doing. 21 or 50 (depends on your region :lol:) tourney, king of the court, 3 v 3 tourney, etc. But nah, Silver wants to keep this meaningless BS and add a new meaningless midseason tourney :smh:

Edit: This too :emoji_point_down:
Tin foil hat says max deals are tied to accomplishments, one of them being ASG appearances

In year 3 he emerged. Still on his rookie deal. Look at it through the frame of last season. Yes he became the #2. The prior year he played 19 mpg. Did a stint in the G. Accepting your role isn’t just accepting how many shots you’re going to get.

Year 2 bones already rocking a higher usage than Poole has ever had until year 4 champion poole

I don't think it's a fair team comparison looking at that Warriors team who was drafting in the lottery vs a Nuggets team with championship aspirations.

Might as well expand the AS roster to 20.

Besides, cats are doing the Harden stepback with increased frequency and accuracy now. The Beard ain’t special.

They should save a roster spot for the best in-game dunkers for each team. Miss seeing the likes of VC & T-Mac bringing excitement besides a long range shooting battle.

Poole was drafted 28th. Bones 26th. They just want that man to clean up his shot selection and buy in.

🤔

Same way they wanted Bol Bol to buy in?

EYE see what you're saying but there is just not enough ball to go around on that team for any more young talent. They should trade Bones for a vet who just wants to shoot 3's and play defense.

Back
Top Bottom