The Official NBA Season Thread: Free Agency Day

Good. No one was puffin before this new rule.

e36ecca6.jpeg

Could care less about the small market team charity. If you want to win maybe spend money and actually be appealing to players.

Something something lockout.
1680352447491.gif

I mean, IMO they addressed load management in a backhanded way, at least for stars, with the 65-game minimum for postseason accolades.

If the actual owners are cool with giving out contracts for the max contracts only to have players ask out in the middle, or even earlier, then who am I can’t be mad at it. I guess you can add that to the list of reasons why the NBA is the best league In the world when it comes to player empowerment.

We have been talking about the in-season tournament for almost two years now, if not longer. No one should be acting like this is news :lol: It was just a matter of format (still TBD) and reward (which we now know will be $500K per player). It really depends on how seriously players take it but they may not be anymore likely to get injured in this than an ASG game.

Tourney will be good I just don’t understand how it will count/impact regular season records.

I would imagine it is an isolated event and has no bearing on regular season records. I also think also think they might do it where either all 30 teams convene in one location ala Disney or initially split them up at two different spots then have the Final 4 meet at another venue for the final 3 games of the tourney. Basically like March Madness but with rounds of 32/16/8 in one spot. And before someone says it - yes, I am aware there are currently only 30 teams but you could give the top 2 seeds a bye.

I don't care how much prize money is involved, an in-season tournament is stupid.

Just wait until a star player gets injured from this goofy *** tournament because Adam Silver wanted to turn the NBA into college basketball.
Manufactures importance of the regular season, draws more viewership, increases the value of the TV contract all of which leads to the ultimate goal - higher revenue and higher salary cap.

The concept of an in season tourney amongst the same league is ridiculous lol

It only makes sense if you allowed European teams in like the Champions League

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom