The Official NBA Season Thread: Puerto Rico vs Serbia at 11:15 | USA vs South Sudan at 3

It's still unclear to me what are the stakes of the tourney. What happens to the winner?

The reason a tournament like this is more entertaining in soccer cups (which it’s clearly inspired by) is because it gives a chance for lower league clubs to play against top league clubs for prestige . At the very least, lower league clubs benefit from some exposure and revenue by playing in much bigger settings than their usual small towns/districts.

For the NBA, I don’t see the appeal of an in season tournament involving the exact same teams that are competing for the playoffs. It’s not like the tournament involves lower leagues or leagues from other countries. Seems pretty pointless to me. There are some cups like this in soccer as well, and no one even cares about them. Clubs usually just send their bench players so that the starters are rested for the actual league/Champions League

It's still unclear to me what are the stakes of the tourney. What happens to the winner?
Nothing other than the players get more money and the teams get prestige for winning the tournament.

This has been the biggest misfire with the tournament. Gotta incentivize a draft pick or automatic playoff seed to really raise the stakes to get fans to care.

Amen stats don’t jump off the page but he was playing really well. Sucks that he will be out for a while. An already thin bench gets even weaker. We need Tari back asap.

The starting lineup, moreso FVV, Sengun, and Dillon looks good. Sengun averaging 19/9/6 and no one in Houston is surprised. I said last season that he’s already on the level of Sabonis. Now he doesn’t have a coach handicapping him.

Dillon brooks going from one of the worst offensive seasons in league history to now is astounding. Small sample size but his fiba play has carried over to the season.

I’ll trade Jabari and Jalen green for whatever star is available right now. Like today.

Draymond saying it wasn’t fun to come to work last year leading to a lack of chemistry :lol: Might have made a fan out of Rusty

That ***** Draymond is soooo annoying. Like HE ain’t contribute to that 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

But the dubs need him for the regular season. He might be the oldest 33 year old I’ve seen. Born in 1990. Full grey fake KLUTCH beard, to accentuate he’s long in the tooth. Y’all know where he got it from:

IMG_3599.jpeg

And I got a few small grays in my ****, but these *****s def be dying on some salt & pepper **** :smh: :lol:

That ***** Draymond is soooo annoying. Like HE ain’t contribute to that 🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️🤦🏾‍♂️

But the dubs need him for the regular season. He might be the oldest 33 year old I’ve seen. Born in 1990. Full grey fake KLUTCH beard, to accentuate he’s long in the tooth. Y’all know where he got it from:

IMG_3599.jpeg

And I got a few small grays in my ****, but these *****s def be dying on some salt & pepper **** :smh: :lol:
This is such a weird thing to make up just to hate on Bron :lol:

Back
Top Bottom