The Official NBA Season Thread: Puerto Rico vs Serbia at 11:15 | USA vs South Sudan at 3

Wait a minute, so Jamal Murray indeed took a jump then since at the time you were saying he didn't he was at 50/50/100 splits on career high ppg :lol:
I don't know why you are being obtuse about this.

Jamal Murray currently has a 16 PER. .540 %TS a bit below his career stats.

his passing has improved, but looks like largely the same player. as very good player not quite all star.

When I think of leap, I think moving up to a different class of player. from fring all star to all star, from all star to all NBA.

Jamal hasn't don't that yet. he's mostly the same class of player.
good regular season player who can turn it up in the playoffs.

going from non-shooter to high volume 40% 3 point shooter is a leap.
an already good shooter, on a early season heater is not a leap.

unless you really thought he was going to shoot 50% from 3 for the rest of the season.

He wouldn’t, I said before it would be a ridiculous trade for the Sixers to accept.

But why are these rumors coming from Philadelphia?

Who’s leaking? Who’s unhappy? Who’s trying to get leverage? Idk
It’s a reporter that has spurned BS plenty of times. When it comes to trade rumors, he’s always been wrong and this is just him trying to get clicks

Scottie is shooting better from 16 feet & beyond than KD or Steph. On a basic per game basis, he’s nearly making as many 3s as he attempted last year.

Guys don’t typically go from poor to historically great at shooting in one summer, so I think he’s the exact same guy just on a hot streak.

He’s obviously a limited player if he can’t shoot, which he hasn’t been able to before this little 7 game stretch.

I don't know why you are being obtuse about this.

Jamal Murray currently has a 16 PER. .540 %TS a bit below his career stats.

his passing has improved, but looks like largely the same player. as very good player not quite all star.

When I think of leap, I think moving up to a different class of player. from fring all star to all star, from all star to all NBA.

Jamal hasn't don't that yet. he's mostly the same class of player.
good regular season player who can turn it up in the playoffs.

going from non-shooter to high volume 40% 3 point shooter is a leap.
an already good shooter, on a early season heater is not a leap.

unless you really thought he was going to shoot 50% from 3 for the rest of the season.
I said "at the time you said he didn't take a jump". Which he was at career highs on everything

Don't talk about obtuse bruv, that's rich

There's a legitimate path for the Knicks to acquire Embiid. Is it LIKELY? Hell no :lol: Do I think we should go for it? Ehhhh. But it's there. People are gonna entertain it. Ridiculous trades are entertained every day. It's sports.

I said "at the time you said he didn't take a jump". Which he was at career highs on everything

Don't talk about obtuse bruv, that's rich

again did you think he was going to shoot 50% from 3 for the entire year?
obviously not, that would be dumb.

i watch a lot of Nuggets games, he looked largely the same aside from improved passing.

and his subsequent play seems to have validated my interpretation.
maybe things will change, but my analysis was totally reasonable.

but if you think Jamal Murray is in a totally different class than he was last year. just say that.

but stop acting like it's irrational or weird to take the stance that he's STILL mostly in that sub to fringe all star range.

The thing is embiid aint gone nowhere and the sixers aint looking to rebuild

I offered up $200 before season started and noone would bite

All talk no bark

Scottie is shooting better from 16 feet & beyond than KD or Steph. On a basic per game basis, he’s nearly making as many 3s as he attempted last year.

Guys don’t typically go from poor to historically great at shooting in one summer, so I think he’s the exact same guy just on a hot streak.

He’s obviously a limited player if he can’t shoot, which he hasn’t been able to before this little 7 game stretch.
He's a perfect third wheel (maybe 2ndish at his peak) as I had always thought he would pan out to be. Elite connector who I think will be able to shoot just enough to make him a 16 game Playoff contributor. Not worried about his defense, good defenders get burned every year in and year out in the Playoffs too

He's got enough motor, instinct and will to be a good defender on or off ball

There's a legitimate path for the Knicks to acquire Embiid. Is it LIKELY? Hell no :lol: Do I think we should go for it? Ehhhh. But it's there. People are gonna entertain it. Ridiculous trades are entertained every day. It's sports.
It’s more Coupé It Coupé It just being dense on the matter. Crazy trade rumors happen every day, but since 1 crazy one came from a Philly reporter (that no one really cares for), the Sixers are in trouble etc etc

again did you think he was going to shoot 50% from 3 for the entire year?
obviously not, that would be dumb.

i watch a lot of Nuggets games, he looked largely the same aside from improved passing.

and his subsequent play seems to have validated my interpretation.
maybe things will change, but my analysis was totally reasonable.

but if you think Jamal Murray is in a totally different class than he was last year. just say that.

but stop acting like it's irrational or weird to take the stance that he's STILL mostly in that sub to fringe all star range.
What about Scottie Barnes 3 point shooting for the entire year

Jamal Murray is what he is. I never said he was in some different class

Last year was a dumpster fire for that entire team. The guys turned on Nurse and turned on each other. Selfish play all in that starting lineup

Yet he still showed consistent playmaking chops, vision and continued not to be afraid to shoot from anywhere on the floor including off dribble. Clearly had a sophomore slump but so did a lot of other sophs from his class and happens with a lot of second year players in league history
okay so my statement was correct, Scottie Barnes did slump last year.

so therefore why would I have been praising Scottie last year when his play regressed a sophomore?
you aren't making any sense.

he wasn't that good last year, so I didn't praise him much.
He's playing well now so im praising him.

Im being totally reasonable.

I never said Scottie Barnes is gabage and we should cut him, obviously he's a talented player. but he regressed and people were including me were rightfully concerned.

He really isn't doing anything that different from his first two seasons, in terms of his shot profile, tendencies and IQ. He's simply developing (i.e. his shot) like any prospect with good potential should in year 3 to coincide with key changes to the point guard and coach

shooting 40% on high volume is totally different. it makes him a totally different player.

It’s more Coupé It Coupé It just being dense on the matter. Crazy trade rumors happen every day, but since 1 crazy one came from a Philly reporter (that no one really cares for), the Sixers are in trouble etc etc

How am I being dense in the matter when I’ve said repeatedly the Sixers would never take that trade offer?

buddy, just take the L.

You tried to get off the "LOL OSH IS BEING SO UNREASONBLE OMG LOL haha" meme.

it was obviously wrong. we don't even disagree.

We agree Jamal Murray is largley the same guy.
We agree Scottie Barnes slumped last year and is playing much better to start the season.

We agree, it's okay.

How am I being dense in the matter when I’ve said repeatedly the Sixers would never take that trade offer?

He wouldn’t, I said before it would be a ridiculous trade for the Sixers to accept.

But why are these rumors coming from Philadelphia?

Who’s leaking? Who’s unhappy? Who’s trying to get leverage? Idk
This here. We’ve said time and time again that the report is utter BS yet you bring it up again and again like it’s accurate. There is no leaks, no unhappiness

Back
Top Bottom