The Official NBA Season Thread: Puerto Rico vs Serbia at 11:15 | USA vs South Sudan at 3

this is kind of interesting

puts a city like okc out of the running

and milwaukie (maybe charlotte too)

This is good, if you want it to be a top tier event gotta have it on top tier places…Sorry but that’s just life

No more Salt Lake weekends then wonder why there’s no buzz and big names ain’t pulling up

Last edited:
We got a group that's arguably better/deeper than any roster we've ever had outside the title team with some flexibility moving forward, and JB probably landed in an absolutely ideal situation for himself and his career at that time even ignoring the money.

nah this is mega cope, you've used so many assets and salary slots to get the team you have now.
Keeping Jaylen Brunson would have been far better.

hindsight is 20/20 but like with hindsight it's obviously a disaster.

nah this is mega cope, you've used so many assets and salary slots to get the team you have now.

When it comes to caping for Mark Cuban’s basketball decisions…

They’re always ready.

1708559215522.png

It's better than the roster they went to the WCF with when Brunson was here. That's not cope. Regardless of how they got here, it's a better roster and they'll still have assets this summer to make another move with.

I'm not arguing semantics about whether or not it would've been easier to build had they kept Brunson. Hindsight you obviously pay Brunson whatever it took to keep him here, but I trust my dudes that he wasn't ever taking the same extension Dorian got no matter how many times him and his pop swear they begged for it.

Think Brunson would've/should've taken that extension before the season if it was offered by the Mavs. But by mid-season, there was no point.

It's better than the roster they went to the WCF with when Brunson was here. That's not cope. Regardless of how they got here, it's a better roster and they'll still have assets this summer to make another move with.

it's cope man, whatever degree better. it's not worth assets it took to get there. and you burned a year of prime Luka.

it was a massive mistake,

im not sitting here saying it was an insane decision. its wasn't insane, it was just clearly a massive mistake in hindsight.

it's cope man, whatever degree better. it's not worth assets it took to get there. and you burned a year of prime Luka.

it was a massive mistake,

im not sitting here saying it was an insane decision. its wasn't insane, it was just clearly a massive mistake in hindsight.
Nobody's arguing that hindsight it wasn't a mistake. :lol:

The biggest mistake in all of it was with the rookie contract trying to save a few bucks on the luxury tax/free agency dollars star hunting like morons thinking they could try to swipe Giannis away.

It's the reason they landed where they did at the finish line.

Mark Cuban's biggest flaw as a basketball decision maker is his asinine consistent belief that he can steal stars to Dallas without hoarding assets like a psychopath to get there. They tried to get stars to come play with Dirk's hobbling corpse for damn near a decade and never had even close to enough assets or an attractive enough roster through free agency to actually do it.

OKC just built a massive, new convention center that connects to the Omni Hotel which I have heard is where nba teams stay now because there’s a floor of especially accommodating (tall) rooms, but I dont know how true that part is. I wouldn’t want OKC to host it just yet though anyways. Hella strides have been made, but still a ways to go as far as **** staying open late other than Doordash ghost kitchens.

Bout to see a bunch of nba players go to iHOP by Bricktown comedy, the 2 downtown McD’s who lobbies been closed since Covid, or Waffle House on Reno by the gas station and they are takeout only after 9pm because of the Greyhound traffic. There’s more options but if you arent local you’re likely to just take the path of least resistance
which is lit up chain restaurants

Edit: only 500k square feet on the convention center, Prairie Surf studios fka Cox Convention Center is right across the street and adds another 100k square feet

Last edited:
Kai just different with the ball

Never seen anyone move with the rock like him, string is an understatement. More like a magnet

Back
Top Bottom