The Official NBA Season Thread: Rank the NBA Cities

Pretty sure Iverson said Dean Berry taught him the crossover he used in the NBA, not Page

Unless I am mistaken

You right. Got them Georgetown cats mixed up. But it was def a “thing” back in the day. DC cross. Ny dribbles, white boy shooting, African defense, west coast soft but skilled, southern athleticism :lol: etc etc.

Imma keep it g real. Shai still don’t got handles. And gets away with a lot of ****.

D rose used to travel while dribbling. And they let him get away with it because he was too fast.

We call this skill now.

-[NBC Washington] Celtics Coach Joe Mazzulla Explains Why He Sleeps With His Mouth Taped Shut
-Joe Mazzulla just walked past Marcus Smart in the locker room, did a full somersault in front of him, turned and said ‘you can’t do that.” Then walked out.
-Joe Mazzulla jumped out the window of his duck boat, ran through the streets hyping everyone up, then somehow jumped back into the duck boat even on a torn meniscus
-Joe Mazzulla on getting knocked out: “I’m always up to get knocked out,” Mazzulla said. “I think that’s important, too. ... If you can’t go through the day hoping you don’t get knocked out, I don’t know what do you do.”
-Joe Mazzulla was covered in sweat, gasping for air. “One more round!” “No, I can’t.” “One more!” Before the playoffs. Mazzulla invited me in to witness one of his private jiu-jitsu sessions. It was intense.
-[Shammgod] said Mazzulla watched so much game film that Shammgod and the other assistants began to have concerns about his mental health. So they convinced him to sit down with them after long days of work and watch an hour of regular television.
-Joe Mazzulla on the Celtics’ mindset: “It’s win or die.”
-Sam Hauser on Joe Mazzulla: "I would just say he's like got a unique approach to the game. He pulls things from, like, soccer teams, pulls things from killer whales and how they go about finding food and prey, things like that."
-Joe Mazzulla at practice on none of the Celtics being finalists for awards: “It’s beautiful.”
-Does Joe Mazzulla like it when his guys miss out on accolades and have a chip on their shoulder? “I’m a big spite guy, so yeah.”
-Joe Mazzulla on Jayson Tatum's scary fall after Caleb Martin's hard foul in game 1: "I was kind of excited about the whole situation. I enjoyed watching it.”
-Joe Mazzulla on tearing his meniscus: "It ended up being a great experience for me. I had to do 6 hours of treatment in order to coach the next game without too much of a limp because I could not walk. But I tell you what, it was one of the best things that could happen to me for the rest of the season because it put me in this fight or flight mentality to where I just could not relax... It was awesome. I'm thinking about maybe getting hurt every all-star break"
-Al Horford said he couldn’t run a marathon because he can’t make it more than a mile. Joe Mazzulla would go farther: “I would just go until I die.”
-Sam Hauser’s favorite Joe Mazzulla quote: “There’s no fouls in a war. You either die or you don’t”
-Derrick White: “When he won coach of the month, I said ‘hey, congratulations.’ And he just looked at me and said ‘nobody cares.’”
-Joe Mazzulla walks into his presser saying: “Do not ask me any Wembanyama questions. I don’t care.”
-A reporter started to ask Joe Mazzulla something about the Pascal Siakam trade. Mazzulla: "Save yourself the rest of the question. I don't really care."
-Joe Mazzulla's message to his team when they were getting in foul trouble: "Stop fouling." Wait, that's it? "Yes, that’s exactly what I said."

Also I don't really know what makes Michael Jordan a "modern" player.

Michael Jordan dribbled the basketball in pretty traditional way.
He was trained before they really loosened the carry rules, so he was relatively traditional.

what makes him "modern" compared to other players in the 80's 90s?

Kenny ain’t as aggressive as the other 2 but he thinks he was something he was not

Kenny was a high school and college all-American. A SUPER athlete. A top 10 pick.

If anything, he peaked early plus those bad knees

Dude Lowkey had Ja Morant level athletecism. The film doesn’t lie. He would’ve been better for this era. Dude had elite speed and hops.

Back
Top Bottom