The Official NBA Season Thread: Rank the NBA Cities

Mike was really like that though. There were several guys in that generation that were. But that idea that basketball hasn’t improved since he retired is wild.

Mike was a modern player in an era where he stuck out because there wasn’t perimeter players who could dominate the game like that.

If we didn’t have a Mike we wouldn’t have gotten the game we have now today. Arguably the second best wing in the league during Mikes prime was literally on his team.

But that doesn’t mean other players from the 80’s and 90’s can boost their legacy off his coattails.

Mike was a modern player in an era where he stuck out because there wasn’t perimeter players who could dominate the game like that.

If we didn’t have a Mike we wouldn’t have gotten the game we have now today. Arguably the second best wing in the league during Mikes prime was literally on his team.

But that doesn’t mean other players from the 80’s and 90’s can boost their legacy off his coattails.
I don’t dispute his competition on the wing was pip. Y’all see when grant hill got in the league they had nothing for him (they were older)

If Ant wanted to continue to troll, he has so many options. But, hopefully he just laughs it off. Want to see who else in they feelings about this. Might carry us into the season.

recently he said he could have dribbled like Kyrie but he didn’t have the freedom to.

Is he lying? It’s true tho.

You old enough to know how stringent the palm on top of the ball was.

I was like 7, and vividly remember when AI (my favorite player ever) was getting called out for carrying. There is a distinct article I remember in the newspaper that had the ball and hand placement. I remember it so well because this is when I was playing clinic basketball, and just learned how to read for real :lol:

Kenny Smith was the staring PG on the 95 rockets. To think he ain’t have more to his bag, as an NYC pg who came up along cats like Skip to my Lou etc…..is insane.

Matter fact, here is a 90s player who can talk about it. Skip

Is he lying? It’s true tho.

You old enough to know how stringent the palm on top of the ball was.

I was like 7, and vividly remember when AI (my favorite player ever) was getting called out for carrying. There is a distinct article I remember in the newspaper that had the ball and hand placement. I remember it so well because this is when I was playing clinic basketball, and just learned how to read for real :lol:

Kenny Smith was the staring PG on the 95 rockets. To think he ain’t have more to his bag, as an NYC pg who came up along cats like Skip to my Lou etc…..is insane.

Matter fact, here is a 90s player who can talk about it. Skip

Kenny played for the kings. He was good but don’t blame freedom on why you didn’t get loose like that. He came up in the same era as hardaway, Strickland and Kevin Johnson. Zeke really had boogie.

He obviously did what he needed to do for the rockets as a spot up guy though.

Last edited:
Kenny played for the kings. He was good but don’t blame freedom on why you didn’t get loose like that. He came up in the same era as hardaway, Strickland and Kevin Johnson. Zeke really had boogie.

He obviously did what he needed to do for the rockets as a spot up guy though.

He had it. Sam Cassell had it. Terrell Brandon had it. John Stockton had it.

These guys looked at 20 & 10 as the top end of basketball. And at that time, it was for a PG. A lot of guys came close. They were super creative.

Don’t sleeep or hate on them. Real champs. I saw **** go from hand on top of the ball, to Allen Iverson, to Jason Williams in a matter of 3 years.

You came up along the time. You know what it is. I love the youth, and have always said I hated how the old heads talked about current basketball. But it’s really getting absurd.

Like REALLY ABSURD. You teach the game, do better. Chaos agent flow at this stage in basketball is meaningless

That was lightweight hate. Doesn't matter if Kenny could dribble like that. He didn't. The end:lol:

There's always a disconnect between generations on giving props on the smallest ****. ***** sound just like my pops when I played football. Same way I'm doing my son now subconsciously too. Can't even help it. :lol: :smh:

That was lightweight hate. Doesn't matter if Kenny could dribble like that. He didn't. The end:lol:

Kenny has put his neck on the line for Kyrie. When Shaq and Barkley were calling him idiots because of the Shot and the Hebrew Israelite stuff he was the ONLY one that was standing up for Kyrie. Nah, no hate from him towards Kyrie.

Yall need to go back and listen to the context.

His point was he and others were stifled by the era in which they played in. That was the point.

He had it. Sam Cassell had it. Terrell Brandon had it. John Stockton had it.

These guys looked at 20 & 10 as the top end of basketball. And at that time, it was for a PG. A lot of guys came close. They were super creative.

Don’t sleeep or hate on them. Real champs. I saw **** go from hand on top of the ball, to Allen Iverson, to Jason Williams in a matter of 3 years.

You came up along the time. You know what it is. I love the youth, and have always said I hated how the old heads talked about current basketball. But it’s really getting absurd.

Like REALLY ABSURD. You teach the game, do better. Chaos agent flow at this stage in basketball is meaningless
Mike was carrying like that too. Especially in transition

You had creative guys with handles that didn’t carry. Kenny didn’t display his creativity. Not at least to my memory. Travis best is older but he had handles. I’m just not blaming carrying for how he handled the ball

***** sound just like my pops when I played football. Same way I'm doing my son now subconsciously too. Can't even help it. :lol: :smh:

i-wish-the-argument-between-ghost-and-tariq-went-more-like-v0-yl6lpvkbi3tc1.jpeg

Mike was carrying like that too. Especially in transition

You had creative guys with handles that didn’t carry. Kenny didn’t display his creativity. Not at least to my memory. Travis best is older but he had handles. I’m just not blaming carrying for how he handled the ball

Nah….im watching man :lol:

Imagine if they let Timhardaway get real freaky with the rock. My guy was shooting 7 threes a game in 1993. He had a basic cross with strong handles that’ll cook anyone.

I remember. I remember how WE were thought to dribble. I remember how we were thought triple threat. All that, in the midst of all these changes.

You think a Kenny Smith and Shamgod didint play on the same court? Stephon Marbury & Sam Cassell has tapes on YouTube right now, at 11 years old in the 80s doing **** you’d see in 2015

Imagine Pistol with this eras dribbling freedom
wow.png

Forget the 90's. Them guys even before that was crazy handcuffed

You have to look at the role of the folks doing it.

Star(ish) players would be allowed to get their stuff off like others have said.

Tom Hardaway, Pete, Strick, Kenny Anderson all had the opportunity to show out.

I don't KNOW if Kenny had all that forreal, plus he was the 5th option. Don't know if there would even be space for HIM to do it if he could.

While I'm sure there isnt any animus behind it for Kenny personally, the whole "we couldve done that too but they didnt let us" minimizes this current generation of guys who are actually doing it, not just Kyrie. Same **** parents, uncles etc. do to the younger kids, lightweight hate. Ain't nobody hurt over it, I just see it for what it is.

As flippant and silly as it was, I liked what Ant said. All yall old ****** do is ******** Jordan anyway. He must've been the only one who could play right? Yall feel that way about us, I feel that way about yall.

Nah….im watching man :lol:

Imagine if they let Timhardaway get real freaky with the rock. My guy was shooting 7 threes a game in 1993. He had a basic cross with strong handles that’ll cook anyone.

I remember. I remember how WE were thought to dribble. I remember how we were thought triple threat. All that, in the midst of all these changes.

You think a Kenny Smith and Shamgod didint play on the same court? Stephon Marbury & Sam Cassell has tapes on YouTube right now, at 11 years old in the 80s doing **** you’d see in 2015
Tim’s moves weren’t basic though. Not with that pace. At any given time we can agree he was going to pull up or hit you with the one two.

Again I’m not limiting creativity to having more free rein to ‘carry’. You can carry all you want and still not have sauce. Eye just don’t think Kenny had it like that on that stage. If i remember correctly, he helped Kenny Anderson with his handle and he clearly had it on the highest level.

Just for the hell of it.

🔥

It’s funny cuz you from DC, and the DC CROSSOVER is what took the basketball world by storm, and changed ball handling as we know it through Victor Page(who taught AI the crossover) and Allen Iverson at Georgetown :lol:

But to me, we the originators of that. We called it the “dc cross” in 90a-2000. frshstunna frshstunna can attest to this

You have to look at the role of the folks doing it.

Star(ish) players would be allowed to get their stuff off like others have said.

Tom Hardaway, Pete, Strick, Kenny Anderson all had the opportunity to show out.

I don't KNOW if Kenny had all that forreal, plus he was the 5th option. Don't know if there would even be space for HIM to do it if he could.
My post wasn't about Kenny tbh. Just made me think of how restrictive the rules were pre 80's. For everyone

So grouping Pete with those names doesn't make sense.

Back
Top Bottom