The Official NBA Season Thread: USA vs Serbia at 11:15 ET on NBC/Peacock | Durant Cleared for Action

I’m a huge Ja fan. He is an amazing player and he was carving up the Nuggets for most of the game on the PnR game. I don’t know what he gains with this persona. If he grew up like that then I would feel differently but that’s not how he grew up. Not worth throwing your career over at best or getting yourself or someone you love killed at worse

Its very wild that the NBAs biggest stories are consistently not about basketball
And still this. Its been a disaster PR season for the league, and it annoys me. Cause it has been a good basketball product season and I feel like even the stuff that is about basketball like the points explosion (why are we mad about people getting better at basketball its dumb) & Jokic winning MVP again get negative spins. Like every big story about the NBA is negative now its crazy.

My whole point is that Tee Morant could do everything right here, and it could possibly change nothing. Ja Morant is truly independent in every sense of the word. Tee Morant's job is done in the sense that he can't MAKE Ja do anything so I hope people don't start blaming him.
Yeah I get everyone's point but if you think back to your own 18-23 years there wasn't much your parents could say to change the dumb **** you did.

Another element of this is that aside from being a public figure, Ja is a role model for impressionable young kids. I know EYE wouldn’t have thought it was cool to pick up the tool because my favorite hooper did but I can’t speak for everyone out there. He really has to do better for them, at least.

I’m a huge Ja fan. He is an amazing player and he was carving up the Nuggets for most of the game on the PnR game. I don’t know what he gains with this persona. If he grew up like that then I would feel differently but that’s not how he grew up. Not worth throwing your career over at best or getting yourself or someone you love killed at worse

I think at this point, whether Morant is 'real' or not is irrelevant.

Guns are nothing to mess around with.

This too. Gotta be on him to be more responsible.

I hope Silver leaves, Mark Tatum is a good guy met him a few times. Loves the league and really gets how good it is for people of colour.

Man I thought you loved Adam Silver :lol:
I do, but I would love to see a black man run basketball. This was always the natural order of things so now that it's here I am all for it.

That's on me I should have been clear. I want Adam Silver to leave if it is of his own volition, there's no reason Adam Silver should be forced out. The guy isn't perfect but by all accounts, he's tried to do right by the players more often than against them and that is all I want from a sports commissioner.

Ja Wick is hilarious.

What makes this so much worse is this is clearly not who this guy is. These stories of him picking on teenagers, retail workers, and NBA staff lmao.

Him holding a gun like he's 5 years old.

I've been saying Ja is a dork and I feel even more right this morning.

Also being shirtless in the strip club holding a gun recording YOURSELF is chaos behavior.

Back
Top Bottom