The Official NBA Season Thread: Canada vs Australia at 7:30 | Japan vs France at 11:15 | USA vs South Sudan at 3

The red beam incident midas whale be put to rest. I know for a FACT the NBA has so many cameras in the players garage/near the players garage/all through the arena to catch action. If they never found anything, that incident was more than likely fabricated.

HOWEVER, it was still out there in the news. Like I mentioned before, this isn't the first incident involving Ja mentioning gunplay of some sort. So, the Grizz definitely needed to step in and take action.

so what we have to wait til ja does something completely stupid before we flip out on him? We just have to keep ignoring all these obvious signs?

It’s obvious nobody from his team and the Grizzlies was willing to criticize his bad behavior. He’s lucky that this small thing is considered a major incident and may get him in check. Because if something even worse happened down the line, now what?

You can say… “well he’s a good kid nothing is going to happen” and that may be true but if someone from your friend group is aiming red beams at a nba vehicle, it’s already gone wayyyyyy too far. Crazy **** about that is it damn near got swept under the rug too :lol:.

This is a culmination of things. Not a one off accident.

He could shoot someone outside the club and claim self defense and people will be like ay what Ja spose to do not defend himself?

Nah bro, Ja not suppose to put himself in situations like that. :lol:

Skip hating Luka is on brand :lol:, he really must've been sick about hearing about a new Lebron no matter that he plays for a city he loves :rofl:

The red beam incident midas whale be put to rest. I know for a FACT the NBA has so many cameras in the players garage/near the players garage/all through the arena to catch action. If they never found anything, that incident was more than likely fabricated.

HOWEVER, it was still out there in the news. Like I mentioned before, this isn't the first incident involving Ja mentioning gunplay of some sort. So, the Grizz definitely needed to step in and take action.
I don’t doubt that parts of that story didn’t happen.

But is every single part of that story fake? Probably not, and you definitely don’t want the franchise player to be anywhere near something like that.

Then all the reports of off-court physical altercations, now he’s pointing a camera at himself posing with a firearm?

And this is my franchise player? Nah man :lol:

Top 4 NBA Records Since December 1st: Denver Nuggets (31-12), Philadelphia 76ers (29-12), Milwaukee Bucks (30-13), and the New York Knicks (29-15)​

Impressive for the knicks - EYE remember right after they played sixers the 2x after we lost 1st one but bounced back 2nd game for the win Knicks was in 9th place in the east

Good for them

I'm a lil perplexed on the overall issue.

Ja showed a tiny hand gun. On video. SHOWED it. To my knowledge, has not fired it.

People are up in arms about it.

That little f***er Rittenhouse actually used his gun, on unarmed people and white folk made a fundraiser outta it.

What're we doin here?

*Granted, I'm not saying Ja is being smart or anything, and I certainly hope he just hires a security team and never has to deal with any of this nonsense again, it was dumb to take on a plane (if he did) but this stupid *** country is hyped up on having guns, and the NRA and we can kill kindergarteners and still not get guns off the market, but now someone flashes one on video and he's the anti-Christ? I don't get this ****. I'm always amazed by the responses people come up with involving guns. Can Ja not just say he's protected by a 250 year old piece of paper like all the people allowing mass shooters seem to do?

You do know they zoom in on serial number nowadays right? Luckily Ja’s video was kind of dark.

If that gun has a body on it, there’s nothing perplexing about it. Investigators are going to want answers….

If you get caught with a gun that has a body on it or was used in the commission of a crime, either you’ll be asked who you got it from or you’re going to be charged with whatever crime attached to that gun.

It’s that simple

Forgive me for putting my conspiracy hat on for a second, but….

Let’s say it did happen, do you think the nba would be quick to leak that it did happen?

They would do whatever they could to bury that one of their star players of the next generation (one of the few AMERICAN superstars under 25) was partaking in activities like that.

Ja, Not Ok

Screenshot 2023-03-06 141520.png

Family Christmas Card, no prob.

Screenshot 2023-03-06 141530.png

And we're all in agreement with this? I'm not so sure I'm just ok with Ja gettin lit up for this, and millions of others got no probs when they do it. Iono. If he actually did/does aim at someone and let off a round or two, then ok, but just takin pics with his gun, like millions of other Americans do on a daily basis.....doesn't sit right with me. And again, I'm not sayin he's smart for flashin it, I just don't think the double standard should be so blatant and everyone just shrugs it off.

I qualify this by saying I haven't seen all of what's being said about Ja on social media, but I don't feel like he's being represented as some reprehensible criminal yet. But more as someone who's doing some stupic, reckless things and needs some help before something really bad does happen. And there's some people that are being particularly hard on Ja for his behavior being insenstive/potentially disruptive because Memphis has very high rates of crime and gun violence. It's all very understandable to me.

Christmas cards with guns being compared to a NBA superstar waving a strap in a public place on IG live….

What are we doing here

I rock with Ja, but even I knew he was tweakin when I seen that ****. All this backlash he is receiving is warranted and the sad part is, he brought it to himself.

He coulda been in the club with more guns than T.I. and nooooobody woulda known, but for some reason he needed that validation and decided to broadcast that cricket to his millions of followers, while currently dealing with multiple other incidents that can possibly have legal ramifications (finishline threats, beating up teen at the crib, point beams at teams).

I cant defend that **** and Im amazed at how people cant see why this is as big as it is lol it dont get much more clearer than this one yall…

Last edited:
And there's some people that are being particularly hard on Ja for his behavior being insenstive/potentially disruptive because Memphis has very high rates of crime and gun violence. It's all very understandable to me.

This is also something I don't understand.

1) he did this in Denver.
2) Why does how dangerous Memphis is factor into this? How many of the NBA's 26 cities aren't dangerous? Would this be only be wrong if he played for the Jazz or something?

Ja, Not Ok

And we're all in agreement with this? I'm not so sure I'm just ok with Ja gettin lit up for this, and millions of others got no probs when they do it. Iono. If he actually did/does aim at someone and let off a round or two, then ok, but just takin pics with his gun, like millions of other Americans do on a daily basis.....doesn't sit right with me. And again, I'm not sayin he's smart for flashin it, I just don't think the double standard should be so blatant and everyone just shrugs it off.

Whats wrong with you. :lol:

Ja, Not Ok

White America's gun culture is goofy but this is a bad comparison

Ja was on a work trip, in public flashing a gun.

He is part of a union that agreed their players won't engage in such behavior

Ja already was under scrutiny and he decides to go full buffoon.

If Ja was in his home, displaying a legally owned firearm, probably nothing happens to him

Back
Top Bottom