The Official NBA Season Thread: USA vs Serbia at 11:15 ET on NBC/Peacock | Durant Cleared for Action

Player rest dominating a news cycle when the league isn’t even in session is crazy. I see what the league is trying to do and while I don’t think it will backfire, it is not going to fully work in the manner in which they hoped. FOs and coach staffs are generally pretty smart and have smart people on their payrolls - they will figure out ways to circumvent this rule.

pretty sure brainstorming efforts on how to circumnavigate these new rules via some loophole have already begun

Jamal Murray isn't considered a "star" either by the criteria, so the Nuggets can really get away with resting him.
Hopefully fans and NBA media don’t let last year impact things and don’t vote for Murray or Jokic to the all star team.

Eh I don't agree, some of these dudes, stars even, are especially content to just collect checks.
100% agree, don’t believe that statement a bit more than the man in the moon.
Making the players take the fall for a program Pop and the Spurs started is nasty work and not cool
Finally, someone who sees the real nasty work at hand. There’s room for more us to see the light. Just waiting.

Screenshot had me thinking it was a whimsical photo. His cranium is… :lol:

BBD28CA4-CEFB-4B88-8290-F0CA51A1319F.jpeg

If you’re a first time all star this year, does that mean you can’t rest in the 2nd half?

Other sports leagues and professional athletes are already jealous of NBA players. Giving them PTO would cause anarchy :lol: Fans would be upset too

Thinking about it. Let’s say the NBA gives each player 5 PTO days on the year. Only can be used for non-injuries obviously.

Teams will just make up injuries (ex: sore groin) to have a player “rest”.

There really isn’t any full proof solution to this.

Thinking about it. Let’s say the NBA gives each player 5 PTO days on the year. Only can be used for non-injuries obviously.

Teams will just make up injuries (ex: sore groin) to have a player “rest”.

There really isn’t any full proof solution to this.

Silver and Co. gonna be checking on players like employers who will go by somebody’s crib when they say they are staying at home for a “sick day” :lol:

Don’t believe it. If these guys could only show up when the playoffs start that’s what they’d do.
it probably ranges from players to management/ownership with some players being more obvious about load managing than others, but owners also probably want to avoid jeopardizing their "investments" over games they deem as insignificant.

ultimately it's owners and management who either make that decision or are ok with their star players decision to load manage. if they weren't, this wouldn't have become a thing

Paternity leave? :lol:

Dudes aint gonna wanna be an allstar.
My pinky toenail sore cant be an all star this year. My hairline is bothering me. Cant play in the AS game this year. Elbow soreness.

I aint read the articles tho.

Back
Top Bottom