The Official NBA Season Thread: USA vs Serbia at 11:15 ET on NBC/Peacock | Durant Cleared for Action

The point is you only paid that much because of Steph
I don't control the flow of commerce. Literally nothing I can do about it.

Sometimes you spend money on things that end up being lost value. That's life man.

I'm not in the side of the majority here so I get it. One side is continuing to win out here and it's whatever 🤷🏾‍♂️

I 100% understand the human aspect of players not being puppets. At the same time though, fans of a team choose games to go to based on individuals. The die hard fan going to Nets vs Bulls for the love of the game is the extreme minority.

If I want to see Knicks-Bucks, there's one reason I'm choosing that game over the 40 other options & it's not Jalen Brunson.

All I can say is that what we are discussing has happened to me several times prior especially with the Spurs. My reaction has always been one of acceptance.

For me personally, the idea of "I spent money so X should happen" isn't compelling enough. That's all I am saying. I understand where yall are coming from though.

newnew.jpg

Last edited:
Nah no way. If I’m spending money regardless of what I make, I’d def be disappointed if the star players don’t play.

Nothing you can really do about it though. You’re not just gonna get up and leave the game or sell the ticket 5 minutes before tip off.

In a circumstance such as this where people are effectively saying X person should do Y solely to appease me idk man. But we are on different sides of the fence it's cool.
The bigger point is that load management isn't proven to reduce injuries. Injuries are actually up in the load management era and there's stuff to suggest that it's a result of being underconditioned because of rest days

The bigger point is that load management isn't proven to reduce injuries. Injuries are actually up in the load management era and there's stuff to suggest that it's a result of being underconditioned because of rest days
This is totally different argument than "I spent money" which is what a lot of the stances have been based around so far.

Do you guys not want players to rest at all or just not to rest on the days you’re at the game?

The better solution would be to adjust the schedule. Stop giving teams so many back to backs and 3-in-4 stretches. Or at least make it equal for every team.

ticket prices fluctuate according to the other team playing in one's home venue. that price is usually dictated by the marquee players on the opposing team.

you purchase your expensive tickets ahead of time only to get news on game day that certain star players are load managing after having spent more money on transportation, parking, concessions and so on. if you're not moved in some kind of way, you've become an enabler. a mark

i'm for player empowerment over the corporate structure and ownership, but some players have become a kind of corporate entity themselves within the game with management backing them up.

ultimately, it's the fans and consumer who gets a diluted product while teams get their full revenue and then some and the player gets paid 45 million a year.

Back
Top Bottom