The Official NBA Season Thread: USA vs Serbia at 11:15 ET on NBC/Peacock | Durant Cleared for Action

Harden and Iguodala probably more apt comparison. Iguodala probably made close to $200M in his career, four rings and good reputation/legacy. Harden made $300M in NBA contracts alone, future HOF but a ****ty reputation/legacy.
Even then I’d still rather be Harden.

In his prime he’s a perennial MVP candidate that’s THE guy on one of the best teams in the league. Sucks that he couldn’t win a championship, but it’s tough as hell to win. Look at Chuck and Malone.

I'm taking the rings. After a certain point, how much money do I need? The experience of winning a championship 7 times definitely makes up the difference to me. And it's not like Horry was some obscure bench rider who got lucky. I'd definitely take his career. I'll admit to being insane so you know I'm not lying.
You CAN buy a ring but you cant buy winning

SmartSelect_20230923_121306_Chrome.jpg

Said my peace on this when it first popped up. Don't think it's idiotic. We all value things differently which is cool

I was also repped many times

Money aside, I’d still rather be the dude that gets to go down as a top 50 player ever, whose teams were still really, really good 🤷‍♂️

Even then I’d still rather be Harden.

In his prime he’s a perennial MVP candidate that’s THE guy on one of the best teams in the league. Sucks that he couldn’t win a championship, but it’s tough as hell to win. Look at Chuck and Malone.
And what does chuck always talk about on inside, money

Last edited:

I really can’t believe the offseason is ending and training camp is starting with multiple arguments about the competitiveness of the NBA (Noah Lyles world champs comment and now this). Thank goodness we’ll be byke shortly.

Blazers, Heat and Sixers media days have all-time potential.

DFox signed for 5 years/163Ms at the age of 21 and will probably get an even bigger check in a few years. by all accounts, he’s winning.

this dude can invoke kobe all he wants but players aren’t always on teams that are built to win, no matter how talented they are individually. players in this situation are damned if you do, damned if you don’t. if they’re loyal to a competitive team, get their bag, but never get to the finals, people say don’t care about winning. They leave for a better roster and people say they’re ring chasing.

Who said DFox wasn't winning? That's why I said I don't know how that topic started. I was specifically talking about the money vs rings thing.

With the shorter three point line and no defensive three seconds, it probably would be harder for Embiid to score in FIBA play than the NBA.

Im easily taking Iguodala and Horry type on court careers over Hardens. Off the court tho, thats another story :lol: Jim might be up there with the Rodmans, Magics, MJs of the world in that regard

Back
Top Bottom