The Official NBA Season Thread

It’s the hope that kills with Russ. If you’re a fan of the team he’s going to, it’s always going to be, ‘he’s going to turn it around with us’. Good luck Clippers

A lot of familiar faces for Russ with the Clippers. PG and a mini Houston Fitness reunion with Gordon and RoCo.

I don't understand. It doesnt seem like a good basketball fit by any means. Why do it.
IF he curtails the stupidity, it's a fine fit. Getting another guard that can go downhill on that team helps. But he'll also toss the ball into the fourth row and shoot off the top of the backboard.

Luckily for the Clippers, I don't think Ty Lue will stand for more than six minutes of his antics before he benches him for good.

The blow-back to this ASW is a big illustration to me that a lot of people just like to complain loudly and/or have bad or very selective memories.

Agreed. Also, 184 and 175 team points is a bit much but 50 point quarters, individual players shooting 17, 18, 20 3s and a team attempting 60+ 3s are all non-shockers in modern day basketball so it shouldn’t be that big of a surprise to see it in an All-Star Game. The freaking Mavs just shot 61 3s only 2.5 months ago :lol: The ASG is just a more exaggerated version of the current product.

I don't understand. It doesnt seem like a good basketball fit by any means. Why do it.
In the PG/Kawhi era the team has lacked a guard who can push pace and attack downhill. They don’t necessarily need it, but have wanted it to make the team more balanced/versatile. That’s why they brought Wall in, but that didn’t work out. Same thinking with bringing in Russ.

russell-westbrook.gif

PG's got that #INFLUENCE
Rust saw PG’s all star game stat line and knew he’d fit right in with the clips

did not know that silver changed the policy and guys do not have to show up until sat and some flew in on sunday :lol:

Agreed. Also, 184 and 175 team points is a bit much but 50 point quarters, individual players shooting 17, 18, 20 3s and a team attempting 60+ 3s are all non-shockers in modern day basketball so it shouldn’t be that big of a surprise to see it in an All-Star Game. The freaking Mavs just shot 61 3s only 2.5 months ago :lol: The ASG is just a more exaggerated version of the current product.
Right.

I mean the reason we have the Elam ending is that there was a stretch of all-star games, it all that long ago, that weren’t competitive at all. It’s going to happen from time to time, regardless of format, just because of the nature of the event.

Back
Top Bottom