The Official NBA Season Thread

Dame contract is so difficult to move. Not many options out there. Portland trying to do right by moving him to preferred destination, but they also cannot take back junk and put the franchise in even worse shape.

he will never be him

1687842314520.png
This what it means to have no rizz?

James_O James_O or any other gen z’er

Dame contract is so difficult to move. Not many options out there. Portland trying to do right by moving him to preferred destination, but they also cannot take back junk and put the franchise in even worse shape.
Sixers do have a nice 40 mil expiring to help facilitate

Not just to move today, but it's a risk for any team taking him on. He's a small guard who will get paid $58 mil at 35 then $60 mil at 36.

We've seen what happens to small scoring guards who lose a step (Kemba, IT, Iverson etc...) it's a sharp sharp decline. I think teams will be cautious to mortgage their future and salary cap for Lillard.

Sixers do have a nice 40 mil expiring to help facilitate

I don't see a scenario where we get Lilard and get to keep Maxey. Also, if we do get Lillard, do we let Harden walk for nothing?

Losing Tobias, Harden, and Maxey for Lillard doesn't sit right with me. It seems like Morey would have to pull off a Rob Pelinka and completely re-imagine this team.

Get Dame to LA preferably. Keep that man in the west. Pdx should try to pry Reaves & some picks. The market done crashed after the summer of PAINge in ‘22 apparently.

That’s a decent backcourt that can get you wins now. Would be sweet serendipity for them to meet in the postszn & Portland surprisingly knock the Lakers off their block.

Send Grant to NY :nerd:

Not just to move today, but it's a risk for any team taking him on. He's a small guard who will get paid $58 mil at 35 then $60 mil at 36.

We've seen what happens to small scoring guards who lose a step (Kemba, IT, Iverson etc...) it's a sharp sharp decline. I think teams will be cautious to mortgage their future and salary cap for Lillard.
He’s not a small guard though. And the ab issue seems to be done.

I think Dame wants to leave but there’s nothing out there for the Blazers right now so leads to all this back and forth cuz neither side wants to make the other look bad

This is it man. The situation is annoying but simple.

Dame absolutely doesn’t want to be there because he wants to compete for a title but he knows that in order to go to a true contender that he’s probably going to screw over the franchise (unless a third team appear).

On the other side, the Blazers FO kept #3 so I believe they are content with rebuilding and want to/would do right by Dame by freeing him but not at the expense of their rebuild.

Dame looks like a selfish ******* if he forces a trade that robs the Blazers and Blazers FO looks like a bunch of dummies and suckers.

The Blazers FO looks like a bunch of *******s if they trade him to NBA Siberia (I don’t even know what bad team would trade valuable assets for Dame) for a high value package.

The stalemate and awkward position of both parties is why I could just see him staying put. You also have to consider he said he wants to wait and see what happens in FA…Teams outside of maybe Miami aren’t going to twiddling their thumbs for Dame’s fickle *** to make a decision so by next weekend most of the league is going to be content and probably less willing to pull the trigger on a Dame trade

He’s not a small guard though. And the ab issue seems to be done.

He's 6'2". I guess it's debatable what a small guard is. The ab issue seems to be done, but again, he's 32 and will most likely lose a step or two in the next year or so due to aging or getting injured or both.

He's 6'2". I guess it's debatable what a small guard is. The ab issue seems to be done, but again, he's 32 and will most likely lose a step or two in the next year or so due to aging or getting injured or both.
6’2” but with like a plus 7 wingspan. He still plays at the rim. Kemba, IT, and AI are all sub 6 foot guys. Makes a huge difference.

Basically what pmatic pmatic said about how Steph is aging, no reason to think there’s going to be a major drop off. CP is just now cooked at 38 and was good until he was 36.

As long you can’t play drop or switch your big onto him, dame has a lot left in the tank

Now if he gets traded and gets to be the co star, even better

This is it man. The situation is annoying but simple.

Dame absolutely doesn’t want to be there because he wants to compete for a title but he knows that in order to go to a true contender that he’s probably going to screw over the franchise (unless a third team appear).

On the other side, the Blazers FO kept #3 so I believe they are content with rebuilding and want to/would do right by Dame by freeing him but not at the expense of their rebuild.

Dame looks like a selfish ******* if he forces a trade that robs the Blazers and Blazers FO looks like a bunch of dummies and suckers.

The Blazers FO looks like a bunch of *******s if they trade him to NBA Siberia (I don’t even know what bad team would trade valuable assets for Dame) for a high value package.

The stalemate and awkward position of both parties is why I could just see him staying put. You also have to consider he said he wants to wait and see what happens in FA…Teams outside of maybe Miami aren’t going to twiddling their thumbs for Dame’s fickle *** to make a decision so by next weekend most of the league is going to be content and probably less willing to pull the trigger on a Dame trade

Yup, if they trade Dame to a team like the Nets, then Dame is no closer to contention than in his Portland hay days.

Can a third team use their trade exception for draft picks to facilitate a trade like this?

I can't think of a trade that is not lop sided that will work.

The Miami trade package makes no sense for Portland.

One team I see that MAY make sense is Boston. I'm not too sure about how Boston feels, but would they be open to a Jaylen for Dame swap? They have a trade exception so they can make the money work.

Jaylen is still young enough to build around along with Scoot and Sharpe.

Dame isnt anywhere near done.

His skillset is good enough for where he can be a net positive starter even as a 35+ year old.

I don't see a scenario where we get Lilard and get to keep Maxey. Also, if we do get Lillard, do we let Harden walk for nothing?

Losing Tobias, Harden, and Maxey for Lillard doesn't sit right with me. It seems like Morey would have to pull off a Rob Pelinka and completely re-imagine this team.
I’m saying, Sixers can help facilitate a 3 team deal using Tobias expiring

Dame knew the situation when he signed that extension. There was the chance of him never really competing, but at least he got paid.

Enjoy the rest of that contract as a blazer and chase that ring in your late 30s when you can be free.

Dame like the old dude at your job that been working there for 20 years, and been talking about quitting every chance he gets for the last 19 years.

Everyday at lunch you gotta listen to the "I'm looking for something new" speech.

************, just leave already. Give everyone peace.

Back
Top Bottom