The Official NBA Season Thread

Darth Cronin strikes again for the Evil Empire known as Portland

memed-io-output.jpeg

Glad Cronin held up his end of the bargain. Just need Morey to properly handle the Harden situation in the coming days and weeks to make the cipher complete :smokin

You guys siding with dame?

Of course you are

Why the **** would you welcome him back and go on with the season after all the **** he pulled the minute season ended? I seriously hope you guys are joking..

Toxic to the max. Good luck bucks

Lmao Cronin actually did Dame a solid and traded him to Milwaukee (that won a chip a 3 years ago) despite the fact Dame’s camp went on a media rampage this past summer stirring **** up. Oh, and Dame signed that long *** extension, too :lol:

Only person who has the right to be upset about this is Jrue.

Some of yall looking real funny in the light. The franchise player asks out, says ill come back if i cant go to destination X.

GM says N0 and says your out. Nasty work.

Cronin will be out of job soon.
A few months ago, right before the official request, everyone in the media and many in general wanted Cronin and the Blazers to do this. Tell him that his time there was over so that everyone could move on and Dame could win. Everyone said Dame was just too damn loyal to do it on his own.

So now people are going to pretend to be upset that the Blazers denied his request to stay with a crap team. He has to play for the current title favorites instead.

I'm more lost then ever

You guys siding with dame?

Of course you are

Why the **** would you welcome him back and go on with the season after all the **** he pulled the minute season ended? I seriously hope you guys are joking..

Toxic to the max. Good luck bucks
Yes, I feel tremendously sorry for the guy making $40 million a year who, after years of of talking about loyalty and shading other players for leaving their teams, demanded a trade from the team he was so loyal too, and then got traded to a team that instantly became the championship favorite when he became part of the roster. Truly a sad story.

The 30 for 30 on the Damian Lillard tragedy will be a real tear-jerker.

Such a horrific story.

To be honest I can't wait to see how Dame responds to being on a team with real pressure to win. He might rise to the occasion, he might look funny in the light but it is easier to be on Lovable Loser teams where as long as you make the playoffs once in a awhile and make an occasional deep run you're a hero. Bucks top the no excuses list.

The part of that article/tweet that mentions Dame being at the facility working out prior to the trade making it seem like he’s a “professional” is laughable.

Of course he had that privilege! He’s part of the team and training camp begins soon lol.

Poorly thought out article thinking it’ll salvage his weird *** reputation :lol:

Dame is no victim here. He wanted his money and wanted to join or create a super team. Mission accomplished. He could've forgone the extension to become a free agent next season but he wasn't going to do that. I wish Portland would've traded him to the Pels and called it a day.

It really don't matter to me who lied. Both sides most likely lying about something. At the end of day these situations never end happy. Once again it's pointless tryna be loyal to a franchise. Only thing you owe them is to show up and play hard until your deal is done.
Dame didn't even do that.

Maybe Dame should have called up Pat Riley and told him to get serious instead of parading around like he already had Dame locked up.

Maybe that should have happened.

To be honest I can't wait to see how Dame responds to being on a team with real pressure to win. He might rise to the occasion, he might look funny in the light but it is easier to be on Lovable Loser teams where as long as you make the playoffs once in a awhile and make an occasional deep run you're a hero. Bucks top the no excuses list.
I'm with this. Hubie Brown always you have to careful of bringing in guys who put up numbers on bad teams. Where there is no pressure, no expectation of winning, no title chances. That's what we've seen year out year in with Dame. Big numbers but not much else.

The supermax is supposed to be a tool for teams to retain there home grown players.
If players can sign it force their way to their preferred destination the supermax totally useless at that point.

it's probably good for the league that the Blazers held the line.

Dame thought he could sign the supermax, and get out and be sent to his preferred destination if things went bad.
Once you sign that supermax as a 30+ year old player, the team has a lot more leverage over you.

you gotta pick, if you want pick your destination then don't sign the supermax.

but you can't have both.
That has been the LeBatard stance. That Dame not getting what he wants effectively ends the player empowerment era., of choosing where they want to go.

Back
Top Bottom